Your weekly Beatles calendar:
Paul McCartney on tour:
- May 24, The 02, London, UK. May 27, Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, UK. May 28, Echo Arena, Liverpool, UK. June 5, Nouveau Stade Vélodrome, Marseille. June 7-8, Ziggodome, Amsterdam, the Netherlands. June 11, Stade de France, Paris. June 19, Firefly Music Festival, Dover, Delaware. June 21, Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, June 23, John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, Virginia, June 25, Colonial Life Arena, Columbia South Carolina, July 4 – Roskilde Festival, Denmark; July 7 – Telenor Arena, Oslo, Norway; July 9 – Tele2 Arena, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Tickets for the Firefly festival and other shows are available here.
- Our Paul McCartney tour coverage.
- “Ladies and Gentleman…The Beatles!”, now at the Woody Guthrie Museum in Tulsa, Oklahoma until May 24, 2015. This is being produced by the Grammy Museum and Fab Four Exhibits.
- Ringo Starr “Postcards From Paradise.”
- Laurence Juber “Fingerboard Road”
- George Harrison: “The Apple Years” from Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.
- Beatles Japanese box set from Amazon.com.
- Beatles mono vinyl box
- “A Hard Day’s Night”, remastered, is now back on DVD and streaming on Hulu Plus.
- “ Good Ol’ Freda” is now out on DVD and Blu-ray and is also streaming on Netflix. Screening information at the film website.
- Also on Hulu Plus: “Shanghai Surprise,” which features a cameo by George Harrison.
- Both Hulu Plus and Amazon Prime also have streams of “Strange Fruit: The Beatles’ Apple Records.”
Beatles guided tours
- New York by Susan Ratisher Ryan, Fab 4 NYC Walking Tours,. Website:.
- Los Angeles by Gillian Lomax’s A Magical History Tour. Website.
- Liverpool by Jackie Spencer. Website.
- London walking tours by Richard Porter Website.
- May 21-25: Abbey Road on the River, Louisville, Kentucky. Website.
- Aug. 15: Danbury Fields Forever, 50th anniversary tribute to the Beatles at Shea Stadium, noon to 8 p.m. Ives Concert Park, 43 Lake Ave. Extension in Danbury. Info.
- Aug. 14-16: Chicago Fest for Beatles Fans, Chicago, Illinois. Website.
- Aug. 22 – Sept. 2: Liverpool, London and Hamburg by Charles F. Rosenay!!!’s Liverpool Productions . Info.
- The Beatles LOVE, Cirque du Soleil, Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas. Performances: Thursdays through Mondays at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. No performances on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tickets available here.
- 1964: The Tribute: May 24: Roanoke, Virginia. Info. Tickets.
- The Fab Four: June 11: Del Mar, California. Tickets. More info.
- Rain: March 29, 2016: San Diego, California. April 4, 2016: Fresno, California. Tickets. Info.
- Laurence Juber: May 22-24: Abbey Road on the River, Louisville, Kentucky. May 27: Vienna, Virginia. May 28: Easton, Maryland. Website..
- Britain’s Finest: July 30: Escondido, California. Website. Tickets.
- Creme Tangerine: June 20: Fremont Fair, Seattle, Washington. Website.
- The Return: Website.
- Apple Jam: June 12, Seattle, Washington. Website.
- The Fab Faux: June 6: Boston, Massachusetts. June 20: Port Chester, New York. July 18: Westhampton Beach, New York. September 11-12: Washington, D.C. More info.
- Liverpool Legends (with Louise Harrison): May 28: Lake George Elvis Fest. July 4: Pasadena, California (Rose Bowl). Schedule.
- Forever Fab, Pacific Beach Hotel, Waikiki Beach. 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Info.
- Bootleg Beatles: May: Australia. June: UK. July: Spain, UK. Calendar.
- The Mersey Beatles: Calendar.
- Beatles Brunch, 12 p.m. Saturday, B.B. King’s, New York City.
- “Made In Liverpool Sunday Show,” Beatles tribute, 14:30 London time, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information.
- “The Two of Us Monday Show,” weekly tribute to Lennon & McCartney, 18:00 Mondays, the Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information.
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” weekly Beatles tribute show with the Cavern Club Beatles, 8:30 p.m. Saturday, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information.
- Beatleshow, 5:30 p.m. nightly, Saxe Theater, Las Vegas.
- The Artwork of John Lennon: Website.
- The Art of John Lennon: Website.
- Yoko Ono exhibits.
- 1960, May 25: The Cavern changes from a jazz club to rock ‘n’ roll.
- 1963, May 27: Single “From Me To You”/“Thank You Girl” released in U.S.
- 1963, May 29: “Do You Want To Know A Secret” by Billy J. Kramer and the Dakotas hits #1 in UK.
- 1966, May 30: “Paperback Writer”/“Rain” single released in U.S.
- 1967, May 25: John Lennon takes possession of his psychedelic Rolls-Royce.
- 1969, May 26: John and Yoko’s “Life With the Lions” and George Harrison’s “Electronic Sounds” albums released.
- 1969, May 30: “The Ballad of John and Yoko”/“Old Brown Shoe” released in UK.
- 2003, May 24: Paul McCartney performs at Red Square in Moscow.
Beatles chart news — 50 years ago this week on the British charts:
- Singles: “Ticket to Ride” #3.
- Albums: “Beatles for Sale” #4.
50 years ago on the American charts:
- Albums: “Beatles ’65” #13.
- Singles: “Ticket to Ride” #1.
Last week’s best Beatles stories:
- Lithuania dedicates special monument to John Lennon
- George Harrison handwritten letter, cassette tape up for sale
- Liverpool’s Cavern Club gets new endorsement from Beatle guitar maker
- New details of Beatles Hamburg tapes revealed by magazine, radio show
- Beatles news: Paul gives out his phone number, rare White Album acetate on eBay
- Why a Beatle just might be on the final David Letterman show
- New Dark Hall Mansion Beatles print to go on sale Friday
- Beatles news: Macca concert makes top 10 list, film auction, vinyl sale
- “Things We Said Today”: Each week, myself, Ken Michaels of “Every Little Thing” and Beatles authors Allan Kozinn and Al Sussman discuss the latest Beatles topics. This week, we discuss The Beatles’ Star-Club tapes. The show is on at noon ET/9 a.m. PT Saturdays (the show premiere) and noon ET/9 p.m. PT and midnight ET/9 p.m. PT Sundays on Fab4Radio.com and 9 p.m. ET Tuesdays on Pure Pop Radio. You can also find it on iTunes and Podbean.com. The show also has a channel on YouTube where you can find the current show and a selection of older ones. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Every Little Thing”: Birthday salute to Bob Dylan, “Postcards In Paradise” contest, website contest for new Dark Hall Mansion print. Wednesday 8-10 p.m. ET on WNHU, West Haven, CT. Streamed at www.wnhu.net and Global Texan Chronicles. Show website.
- “Chris Carter’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: Each week on KLOS-FM (95.5) 9 a.m. to noon PT Sunday. Website.
- “Chris Carter’s ‘British Invasion’: Three-hour weekly show on Sirius/XM Ch. 21 at 9 a.m. and midnight ET Sunday.
- “Dennis Mitchell’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: Show website.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: Airs from 7-9 a.m. on WMGK/Philadelphia (102.9) and KSLX/Phoenix FM (100.7)
- “Breakfast With the Beatles” hosted by Ken Dashow, Q-104.3 FM 8 to 10 a.m. Sundays. Website.
- “Beatle Brunch”: With Joe Johnson. Website.
- “Come Together With The Beatles and Brooke Halpin”: New Beatles radio show hosted by Brooke Halpin airing on NPR station KBU-FM (97.5) in Malibu and streaming on the station website. It airs noon to 2 p.m. PT Saturdays and Sundays. First guest is Angie McCartney.
- “The John Lennon Hour”: 8 p.m. ET Sunday at Beatles-A-Rama. Available through iTunes. Website.
- “Fab 4 Free 4 All”: “’Wings’ ‘Wild Life’”: Analysis and Review.” Website.
- “Magical Mystery Tour”: Two-hour weekly show hosted by James D. Jones with Beatles and solo music. Sundays at 3 p.m. CST on WKCC-FM (91.1), Kankakee Community College, Kanakee, Ill. Website. Also on the Chicago Radioland Radio and Media website. Also heard weekdays on Fab4Radio.com.
- “Recipe Records”: Weekly podcast by Lanea Stagg that features food and music discussion, and often Beatles discussion. Episodes have featured Jim Berkenstadt, author of “The Beatle Who Vanished”; David Bedford, author of “Liddypool: Birthplace of the Beatles”; Al Sussman of Beatlefan; Beatles Examiner Stan (aka me); John Lennon Series author Jude Southerland Kessler, and Pat Matthews of Beatles-a-Rama. All shows are here.
- “The Beatledd Fab Four Hour”: The show, hosted by Edd Raineri, airs live each Friday, 7-8 PM EDT, on WRKC-FM in Wilkes-Barre, PA. You can listen live online. The program’s Facebook page.
- “I’ve Got a Beatles Podcast”: Information.
- Breakfast With The Beatles hosted by Cha-Chi Loprete: 8 a.m. ET Sundays, WZLX-FM (100.7 FM) in Boston or streaming at www.WZLX.com (Click on Listen Live).
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” KCSN, 88.5 FM Northridge, CA at 10 am Pacific, 12 noon Eastern, and 6 p.m. London time. http://www.kcsn.org/listen/index.php
- “Breakfast With the Beatles”: With Terri Hemmert. 8 to 10 a.m. CT Sundays, WXRT in Chicago. Streamed here.
- “Now and Then”: An hour of the Beatles at 8 p.m. ET Monday. The station’s frequency is 88.9 FM and is located in the Philadelphia, PA/Southern NJ market. Available online at http://www.Z889.org.
- “Here There and Everywhere”: 6 to 9 a.m. PT Thursdays, KZSC-FM. Hosted by Michael Bryant. Listen here.
- “On the Beat”: Excellent show hosted by Beatles author Spencer Leigh on BBC Radio Merseyside. Not primarily a Beatles show, but a lot of the discussion focuses on the Liverpool music scene in the ’60s, often with those who were there. Airs Saturdays at 17:30 (5:30 p.m.) in the UK and archived online for a week here.
- “ The Beatles Show with Casey Piotrowski” airs every Sunday on radio stations throughout the country.
- “Sounds of the Sixties”: Brian Matthews, who interviewed the Beatles on the BBC in the ’60s, hosts this weekly show featuring music by the Beatles and others from that decade. Programs air Saturdays and stay online here for a week.
- “Beatlesongs”: Hosted by Rob Leonard airs 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET Friday on 90.3 FM WHPC and streamed here.
- “The Beatles Complete on Ukelele”: Weekly show featuring new version of Beatle song played on ukelele. Information.
- “Just Four Guys”: New shows available at 4 p.m. ET Tuesdays at Mvyradio.
- “Beatles Brunch” with Geoff Lloyd: Weekly Beatles show on Absolute Radio in the UK . Airs at 2200 GMT (6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT).
- “The Beatles Multi-Track Meltdown.” Hosted by Anthony Robustelli. 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT Sundays on Beatles-a-Rama.
- “Dinner Specials With May Pang and Cynthia Nielsen”: More info at Blog Talk Radio.
- “Beatle Ahora”: Airs 6 p.m. Sunday CT from Puebla Mexico. Listen here.
- “Mid-Evening With the Beatles,” from the Philippines, 5 to 9 a.m. Saturday morning Eastern time, at their website http://www.pbs.gov.ph/dzsr.
- “Anna’s Beatle Hour”: Hour show hosted by Anna Frawley with music of Beatles group and solo years. From Poland, but in English. Available weekly at noon ET on Fridays at the show’s Facebook page .
- “Across the Universe,” hosted by Glenn Calderone from 8-10 p.m. EST Tuesdays on Inravio.com.
- “Beatles and Beyond”: Hosted by Pete Dicks. Available at their website.and RokRadio.
- Beatlefan #213, Ringo interview, Todd Rundgren, Bruce Spizer. Website.
Beatles radio stations:
- Beatles Radio.com.
- Pure Pop Radio (home of one of the broadcasts of our “Things We Said Today,” though not just a Beatles station.)
- That’s What I Want Beatles Store
Have a Beatles event you’d like added here? Send it to email@example.com with The Week Ahead in the subject.
We love to write about the Beatles. Don’t miss the best buzz about the Beatles in all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner, George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner. Subscribe and you’ll get first word when we publish.
Copyright Stan. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Connect with us on Facebook and Pinterest. And don’t miss our weekly Beatles news podcast “Things We Said Today” available first on Fab4Radio.com on the weekends, then on YouTube, iTunes and Podbean.com.