This week brings the final changing of the leaves and the local music scene is heating up. On Friday night (Friday the 13th) make sure you leave all your superstitions behind when you go out to see your favorite local musician perform. Without support the local music scene is suffering, please take the time out to go see a local band play. The local musicians put on a great show no matter what is happening around them. The local musicians and the bands will put on the same show if there are 10 people in the audience or 20,000 people. They are the true entertainers in the industry.
The local venues need the support also, without them opening their doors to the musicians there would be no $5.00 cover charges for 10 bands playing, great food and drink prices, most of all there would be no place to go see these talented musicians play. Take the chance on seeing a great show, having some great food and drinks and meeting a musician that someday will be performing in front of thousands of people.
Take a night out and check out some great local music and entertainment. Perfect for a “Date” Night with the one you love or a great first date choice with live entertainment, drinks and food.
“The GERG SHOW” every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 – 9PM EDT/EST (-5 GMT) 4 – 6PM PDT/PST, Indie Scene Radio station owner, program director and Host DJ, Gerg Anidem, hosts his LIVE show introducing new independent music artists from around the globe every week! The station streams at 320K for THE BEST audio stream on the internet 24/7/365! Turn it up!
Tuesday November 10, 2015
- PPRN Presents GypsyJo, Gale B. Gardiner & George Brennan – 7pm – Tonight, Peter Pinho welcome three of the finest talents in today’s indie music scene – the sublime GypsyJo, the seductive Gale B. Gardiner and the distinctive George Brennan – to the show. So turn off your phone, pour a smooth glass of whatever and sit back and enjoy three hours of sublime music, playful conversation and laugh-out-loud comedy. It is all happening live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – on PPRNLiveRadio.com!
Wednesday November 11, 2015
- PPRN Presents Johnny Haze, Justin Perillo & Jimmylee Velez – 7 pm – Peter Pinho goes urban with a night of hip-hop music with up-and-coming rapper Johnny Haze spinning lyrical gold for us. And vocalist Justin Perillo makes a return visit to the PPRN studio to share more of his original music.
Plus, Jimmylee Velez, whose spoken word album “The Motivation Files: Motivation To Master Your Day” charted five days in a row on iTunes, is stopping by to make us into better people!
And the full PPRN team – comic Peter Angelo, turntable magician DJ Maxx and one-percenter Phil Hall – round out the evening. It’s all live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – on PPRNLiveRadio.com!
- Meat Loaf live in Westbury, NY – NYCB Theatre at Westbury 960 Brush Hollow Rd, Westbury, New York 11590
Friday November 13, 2015
- The Smithereens – 8 pm – Tupelo Music Hall Londonderry, NH 2 Young Road. Telephone: (603) 437-5100
- Obsession with Vengeance, Shadow Kingdom and Crosby – 6:30 pm – Cherry Street Station 491 N Cherry St Ext, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492 – Ear One Productions Proudly Presents
Obsession – Featuring Michael Vescera – 11:00 to Midnight with special guests opening Vengeance – Connecticut Hard Rock – 9:50 to 10:30, Shadow Kingdom – 8:40 to 9:20, Crosby – 7:30 to 8:10
This show is also the official As Darkness Dies CD Listening Party
Strictly 21 and over. Doors at 6:30. First band on at 7:30. $15 at the door.
- MAXX EXPLOSION’S welcome home bash – 9 pm – Bleachers Bar 300 Middle St, Bristol, Connecticut 06010 – Friday 11/13/15 it’s the return of Maxx Explosion at Bleachers in Bristol CT. It’s been way to long and the boys of Maxx Explosion can’t wait to see everyone at the show.
Saturday November 14, 2015
- Zeppagain at OCC Cafe with special guests, MT Heads!!! – 7:30 pm – OCC Cafe 14 Crossroads Ct, Newburgh, New York 12550 – Zeppagain returns to the OCC Cafe stage on Saturday, November 14th with special guests, MT Heads! Don’t miss our first show back at the Cafe with Charlie Sabin on lead vocals. For the first time Zeppagain will perform a lengthy concert style show!! Come out early and stay late, there’s a whole evening of entertainment planned!! The food is great and admission is free at this beautiful venue. MT Heads starts at 7:30 sharp followed immediately by Zeppagain from 8:45 straight through to 11. A DJ takes over at 11 to take the party into the night. See you there!
- Posidemic ‘Ntertainment Presents: “5 Bands For $5” – 8 pm – Sullys Pub 2071 Park St, Hartford, Connecticut 06106 – Join us on Saturday – November 14th, 2015 for our 2nd annual “5 Bands For $5” at Sully’s Pub in Hartford, CT!
This year features:
The Blacksheep Collective
This is a 21+ show!
Dawn Fortis Fundraiser Event – 8 pm – Bases Loaded Sports Bar 2997 Westchester Ave, Bronx, New York 10461 – Live music by THE THUNDER ROAD BAND ! Silvio Ennella, Pat Horgan, Peter Dama, John Burke and Tom Tully, please come out for this great cause, for an AMAZING WOMAN! ! There will be a 15 dollar donation or more at the door or whatever you can afford! There will be raffle and great Music ….. 21 + only.
Devour and Consume – 8:30 pm – Bull Shooters Saloon 14000 Bustleton Ave, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19116 – Ämnivór hits the stage at Bullshooters in North East Philly. $10 at the door
White Trash Stars
Last Call Hooligans
Adrenalize Returns to Rock Connecticut – 9 pm – American Pie & Pub 15 Klarides Village Dr, Seymour, Connecticut 06483 – Ok Connecticut….You’ve been asking and we heard you….We are proud to announce that on Sat., November 14th we will be appearing live at The American Pie & Pub.
Great Food, Great Music, Great time!
So Connecticut we have one question for ya –
Do You Wanna Get Rocked?
Jeff Slate & Friends: Weekend Wilburys celebrate Bob Dylan’s Cutting Edge – 9 pm – Hill Country Barbecue Market NYC | Brooklyn | D.C. – Jeff Slate & Friends bring their rocking, Wilburys-inspired show to Hill Country Live! on Saturday, November 14th to celebrate the release of Bob Dylan’s latest Bootleg Series release, The Cutting Edge: 1965-1966, with two sets of music beginning at 9 PM. Make your FREE “club level” reservations at 212-255-4544 early as Jeff’s recent Hill Country shows have been SRO!
Jeff Slate and his all-star band – featuring musicians who have played with some of the greatest roots rockers of all time –return return to Hill Country Live! with an evening of stellar music, including hits and deep cuts from Tom Petty, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne and Roy Orbison, alongside original music from Jeff’s career inspired by these Americana legends, with a special emphasis on the music of Bob Dylan.
BREATHE returns to The Blackstone Irish Pub with very special guests Fate On Canvas – 9 pm – Blackstone Irish Pub 1678 Meriden Waterbury Tpke, Southington, Connecticut 06467 – It’s been a few months since Breathe has unleashed their debauchery on the unexpecting at Blackstone Irish Pub, and even longer since they brought out good friends in Fate On Canvas along, so what can you expect? A shit ton of kickassedness…that’s what!!!
SAKARA w/special guests!! – 9:30 pm – Bleachers Bar 300 Middle St, Bristol, Connecticut 06010 – This is going to be a killer show!! Sakara is really excited to share the stage with 3 great bands Keep it Quiet, The Noble Improverished and Fear The State at a great rock venue! Come out and hang with them!! Show starts 9:30pm sharp so please show up early and have some drinks with them!! See ya there!
Jimy Sohns with Burning Bridges – 8 pm – Plainfield Moose 2491 23003 W Lincoln Hwy, Plainfield, Illinois 60586
Sunday November 15, 2015
- Mystic Seahorse @ Two Boots w/ The Worthwhile Fight, Siksay & PartyJamz – 8 pm – Two Boots of Bridgeport
281 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, Connecticut 06604 – $5 Cover
21+ Mystic Seahorse, The Worthwhile Fight, PartyJamz (Acoustic Set), Siksay
If you would like articles like this delivered right to your inbox please subscribe to the Author.
If you are a musician and would like a feature article / interview / or your performances listed in this weekly publication please send and email to US.