Become an expert. A pro. The best.
MasterClass announces that Grammy-winning recording artist Christina Aguilera as their newest instructor. The singer and songwriter signed with the online education company and will teach a course focused on singing. Co-founded by David Rogier and Aaron Rasmussen, MasterClass currently offers classes from Dustin Hoffman (acting), Serena Williams (tennis) and James Patterson (writing). Upcoming classes include Usher (performance) and Annie Leibovitz (photography). The marquee will announce others soon.
MasterClass, a San Francisco-based company which launched May 12, 2015, is an online education platform making it possible for everyone to learn directly from the world’s best. Each master teaches a course which is available online for purchase at masterclass.com for $90 each and includes video lessons, interactive exercises, learning materials, and workbooks.
“I’m excited MasterClass has given me the opportunity to truly share all I have learned about my craft with the world,” says Aguilera. “Coaching in this capacity not only gives me a chance to connect with my fans but lets me explore one of my true passions.”
“Christina has one of the greatest voices of our generation. Not only that, but she truly wanted to teach! We’re lucky to have her on board and can’t wait to see what she has in store for students,” adds co-founder and CEO David Rogier.
Adds co-founder and Creative Director, CTO Aaron Rasmussen: “Christina’s nuanced understanding of singing paired with her incredible natural talent will make for an exceptional and fun MasterClass with tips, tricks, exercises, and some of the surprising mental techniques behind having one of the most impressive vocal ranges in music today.”
Production of Aguilera’s class will begin in September in Los Angeles and be released in the fall.
Each MasterClass is priced at $90 and includes:
● 10-25 video lessons from the instructor (approx. 2-5 hours of video)
● Interactive exercises: for example, in Dustin Hoffman’s MasterClass students can be matched with other students to practice scenes from the class, and then upload videos for feedback from other students (and sometimes even Dustin himself!)
● Learning materials: workbooks and class materials like excerpts from James Patterson’s first drafts
● Lifetime access, with classes that never expire
● Learning materials and workbooks
● Accessible from any device (access Serena’s class on your smartphone right on the court).