Scores of media, travel agents and other hospitality industry representatives converged on the Bellagio Las Vegas Hotel to attend the 27th annual Virtuoso Travel Week confab last week to learn about trends and happenings in their industry. Representatives flaunted hotels and destinations at lavish booths set up throughout the upscale property. The event culminated last night, Aug. 12, with the announcement of winners of the prestigious travel network’s 2015 Best of the Best hotel awards. One of the big winners was Four Seasons Resorts Orlando, you’ll have to wait for the rest.
The list of winners, chosen from portfolio of 1,100 hotels, resorts, villas and private island retreats in more than 100 countries, was vetted by a survey of 370 agencies and nearly 10,000 travel advisers who used criteria such as the most innovative guest experience to top hotel and hotelier of the year. Virtuoso’s expert advisers also initially nominated exceptional hotels for the awards. Editors of VIRTUOSO LIFE, the network’s magazine, then researched the adviser suggestions and selected final nominees in each category.
“When your competitive set includes the greatest hotels in the world, being named the best within your given category is truly a feat, and we are honored to recognize these 11 winners as both exceptional standouts as well as incredible partners to the Virtuoso network,” says Albert Herrera, senior vice president of Global Product Partnerships for Virtuoso. “Virtuoso travel advisers have exacting standards for their clients and to declare these hotels as the Best of the Best means each epitomizes the highest level of luxury hospitality. Their achievements showcase the very hallmark of this network–creating lifelong memories and enriching human connections through travel.”
Want to see who won? Here’s your moment of Zen:
- Hotel of the Year: Ashford Castle, County Mayo, Galway, Ireland
- Hotelier of the Year: Antonio Sersale, Le Sirenuse, Positano, Italy
- Best Achievement in Design: The Ritz-Carlton Kyoto, Japan
- Best Culinary Experience: Epicure, Le Bristol Paris, France
- Best Family Program: Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort, Florida, USA
- Best Spa: Dolder Grand Spa, The Dolder Grand, Zurich, Switzerland
- Most Innovative Guest Experience (tie): Corcovado Experience, Belmond Copacabana Palace, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Red Carpet Ready, The Peninsula Beverly Hills, California, USA
- ASustainable Tourism Leadership – Hotels: The Brando, French Polynesia
- One to Watch: Rosewood Beijing, China
Virtuoso® is a top international travel agency network that specializes in luxury and experiential travel. Membership is by-invitation-only.
Check out the video for a little look a the lavish Bellagio Las Vegas.