The Vietnam Veterans of America will conduct another clothing drive in the Brockport area (zip code 14420) on September 8, 2015. This includes the Town of Sweden and the Village of Brockport. This is an absolutely great way to recycle those summer clothes that don’t fit you anymore.
There are two easy ways to schedule a pickup.
- Call VVA at 1-800459-8387 to have a truck stop at your home
- Or schedule a pickup online at www.vvapickup.org
What VVA needs
Vietnam Veterans of America needs these items.
- Clothing (men’s, women’s, children’s, all types, all sizes)
- Clothing accessories
- Shoes (all kinds)
- All bedding items
- Draperies & curtains
- Housewares & glassware
- Jewelry & cosmetics
- Toys, games, bikes
- Small appliances & TVs
- Tools (all kinds)
What VVA does with your donations
Vietnam Veterans of America sells your donated household goods to private companies by annual bid. Those funds provide over half of VVA’s annual needs to support local, state and national service programs (e.g. homeless veterans, Agent Orange related health programs, improved hospital care for veterans with disabilities).
Here’s all you have to do
It’s as easy as eating pie.
- Call VVA for a truck to stop at your home1-800459-8387
- Or schedule a pickup online at www.vvapickup.org.
- Put items on your porch by 8:00 A.M. on the scheduled day (rain or shine).
- Clearly mark your bags or boxes “For VVA”
- If you have enough to fill a large box truck, please call 1-800-459-8387to make special arrangements.
- Your items will be picked up between 8 AM and the evening.
- You don’t have to be home. The driver will leave a tax deductible receipt.
The more people who contact the Vietnam Veterans of America about donations, the more VVA can do to help veterans nationwide.