The Veterans Outreach Center on South Avenue in Rochester is having a fundraiser on Saturday, October 24, 2015 at the Ontario Rod & Gun Club.
The Sporting Firearms Event has been designed for both experienced shooters and newcomers to firearms. The fundraiser is an excellent opportunity for people who have never shot a firearm before to experience what it is like to handle and shoot a firearm safely. People who have handled weapons before can use the event as an opportunity to share their love of firearms with family, friends, and co-workers.
The fundraiser will have three different areas where you can try different weapons: trap shooting, sniper shooting, and practical shooting with an AR-15 type weapon. If you have your own trap shooting gun or your own AR-15 type weapon, feel free to bring it with you.
No experience is necessary. People who are new to firearms will receive instructions from experienced instructors. The Ontario Rod & Gun Club and the Veterans Outreach Center will provide the firearms, the ammunition, and the targets/clays. However, you must bring your own eye and ear protection, and both are mandatory for all shooters.
All shooters must be 14 years of age or older. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The Sporting Firearms Fundraiser for the Veterans Outreach Center will be held October 24, 2015 at the Ontario Rod & Gun Club, 2523 Trimble Road, in Ontario NY 14519.
- Registration opens at 8:00am, and there will be a Safety Briefing at 8:45am.
- Trap shooting (25 clays) will run from 9:00am to 2:30pm.
- The 5-round Sniper Shooting event will also run from 9:00am to 2:30pm.
- The Practical Shoot with the AR-15 type weapon for Beginners will run from 9:00am to 12:30pm, and there is a limit of 25 shooters.
- The Practical Shoot with the AR-15 type weapon for experienced shooters will run from 12:30pm to 2:30pm, and there is also a limit of 25 shooters.
- Lunch will be served from 11:30am to 1:30pm.
- The Raffle will begin at 2:30pm,
Rates start at just $25, and a continental breakfast and lunch is included in the price. All proceeds benefit Veterans Outreach Center. Download the Event Registration Form here. Reservations and payments may be mailed, faxed, phoned in or emailed to:
Veterans Outreach Center
Attn: Matt McGee
459 South Avenue
Rochester, New York 14620
Reservations are limited to 125 people. If you have any questions about the Sporting Firearms Event of about sponsorship opportunities, contact VOC Board member Marvin Patterson¸585-506-7552, firstname.lastname@example.org.