This Veterans Day, restaurants across the country are serving up discounts and promotions to thank those who serve — and have served — our nation in uniform. Following are a few restaurant brands offering discounts this week. Happy Veterans Day, and thank you for your service.
1.Texas Roadhouse: On Nov. 11, Texas Roadhouse will open early to serve lunch to veterans and active-duty military, marking the sixth year of this Roadhouse promotion. All 470 locations will offer a free entree, which includes a six-ounce steak, two sides, and a drink.
2. Outback Steakhouse: On Nov. 11, Outback is offering a free Bloomin’ Onion & non-alcoholic beverage with any purchase for military personnel with military ID. And, from Nov. 12 — Dec. 31, Outback will offer a Military Mates special, with 15% off entire check for military personnel and military families with military ID.
3. Carrabba’s Italian Grill: From Nov. 9–15, Carrabba’s is giving a free appetizer to those with military ID or uniform.
4. Applebee’s: On Nov. 11, Applebee’s is serving a free meal from a designated menu with proof of military service.
5. Bob Evans: On Nov. 11, veterans are offered a special breakfast menu with select items to choose from for free.
6. Cheeseburger in Paradise Bar & Grill: On Nov. 11, vets and active-duty military will dine in paradise with a free All-American burger with fries with proof of military service
7. Golden Corral: From 5–9 p.m. on Nov. 11, Golden Corral will offer free dinner buffet with beverage for those who are serving or have served in a United States Military branch, including the National Guard and Reserves. This Military Appreciation Night also generates contributions to support community-based service initiatives for veterans.
8. On the Border: On the border is saying “thank you” in more than 150 ways on Nov. 11, as veterans and active duty military will receive a FREE “Create Your Own Combo”. The popular item features more than 150 possible meal combinations.
9. Shoney’s: On Nov. 11, Shoney’s is offering a free All-American Burger for veterans and active duty military members with proof of military service.
10. Abuelo’s: From Nov. 7–11, through their “Queso for Heroes” promotion, Abuelo’s will donate $1 for every Chile con Queso appetizer ordered to Homes for Our Troops.
11. Wienerschnitzel: On Nov. 11, Veterans and active duty military will receive a free Chili Cheese Dog and small Pepsi with valid military ID, proof of service, or by wearing a military uniform.
12. Claim Jumper Restaurants: On Nov. 9, Claim Jumper Restaurants are offering free lunch or dinner from a special Veterans Menu, complete with the restaurant’s most popular dishes with verification of service.
13. McCormick & Schmick’s: On Nov. 8, for the 16th year, McCormick & Schmick’s will offer complimentary lunch or dinner entree to veterans or active duty personnel with verification of service.
14. IHOP: On Nov. 11, IHOP’s dishing out free red, white and blue pancakes or a red, white, and blue pancakes combo plate with eggs, bacon, and hashed browns with proof of service.
15. White Castle: On Nov. 11, vets and active duty military will receive a free Breakfast Slider, Waffle Slider or Toast Sandwich and small beverage at participating White Castle restaurants.
16. Red Lobster: From Nov. 9–12, Red Lobster is offering a free appetizer or dessert with military ID or proof of service. Vets may choose from a select list.
17. Friendly’s: On Nov. 11, Friendly’s will serve free breakfast and lunch to active military and veterans with ID or discharge papers. Participating locations only.
18. Sizzler: On Nov. 11 until 4 p.m., Sizzler is honoring veterans and active-duty military with a free lunch and
19. Tijuana Flats: Tijuana Flats is providing free entrees to all veterans and military on Nov. 11.
20. Fazoli’s: On Nov. 11, Fazoli’s will offer a Free Build Your Pasta Bowl (no purchase necessary) for veterans and active military with ID or in uniform.
21. Cracker Barrel: On Nov. 11, Cracker Barrel is offering a complimentary slice of Double Fudge Coca-Cola cake to veterans. In addition, 10% of Coke Cake sales on that day will be donated to USO Transition 360 Alliance, as well as 10% of certain retail store items.
22. Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s: On Nov. 11, all proceeds from the sales of any “Ultimate Care Package” will go directly to the Call of Duty Endowment, a non-profit that has funded the placement of over 15,000 veterans into high quality jobs.
23. Arby’s: On Nov. 11, US Beef, Arby’s largest franchisee, is offering free roast beef sandwiches to veterans. Participating stores are located in the following states: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois (Great St. Louis area), Colorado, Idaho and Wyoming.
24. Denny’s: On Nov. 11, Denny’s is offering a free Build-Your-Own Grand Slam between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. for all inviting active, inactive and retired military personnel.
25. Bonefish Grill: On Nov. 11, vets and active-duty military with valid ID will receive a complimentary Bang Bang Shrimp.
26. Krystal: On Nov. 11, Krystal is offering a chicken biscuit or sausage biscuit to all vets and active-duty military at no charge between the hours of 6 a.m. and 11 a.m. Additionally, all customers can take advantage of $0.50 Pups and Corn Pups, of which all proceeds will go to the Armed Services YMCA organization. Military ID, honorable discharge card, or uniform required.
27. Ovation Brands: On Nov. 11, Ovation Brands — which include Ryan’s, HomeTown Buffet, Old Country Buffet, and Country Buffet — will be offering a free lunch to veterans and active-duty military between the hours of 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. at participating locations. Valid military ID, separation papers or uniform required.
28. TGI Fridays: On Nov. 11, TGI Fridays will honor vets and active-duty personnel across the U.S. with free lunch between the hours of 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Valid military ID required.
29. Chili’s: On Nov. 11, Chili’s will continue its longstanding tradition of offering a free entree from a select menu to veterans and active military personnel at participating restaurants nationwide.
30. Red Robin: On Nov. 11, the Gourmet Burger Authority invites all veterans and current servicemen and women to enjoy a free Red’s Tavern Double burger with Bottomless Steak Fries®* at Red Robin restaurants nationwide.
31. Olive Garden: On Nov. 11, Olive Garden is offering veterans and active duty military to enjoy a free entrée. And family members dining with them enjoy 10% off of their meals.
Offers may be valid for limited menu items at the various restaurants listed, and the menu selection and participation may vary by restaurant location. In some cases not all locations will participate. Recommend that you call your local restaurant in advance to see if they are participating.