Stress shows on your face, in case you haven’t heard. How can you relieve some holiday travel stress this season and look fabulous? Savvy planning and clever packing. If you’re still making December and New Year’s travel plans, keep in mind that December 23rd is the busiest day at the airport, while December 27th is the least hectic. The busiest day for New Year’s travel is December 30th, according to Conde Nast Traveler.
Reduce stress by traveling light
As for clever packing, ditch the heavy makeup bag and travel light. Make Up Artist, Molly Dunkle shares her simple beauty hacks for minimizing your makeup bag with multitasking cosmetic tricks:
- Use tan lipstick under the cheekbones for contoured definition, lightly pat it on using warm fingers for killer cheekbones.
- Press nude gloss above the cheekbones for a dewy highlight
- Blend pink lipstick into the apples of the cheeks for a fresh blush without a powdery finish
- Mix loose powder foundation with your favorite face lotion or sunscreen for a custom-tinted moisturizer
- Creating a classic smokey eye? Warm up the look by adding bronzer to the crease.
About Molly Dunkle
Dunkle Authentic founder Molly Dunkle curiously made lip balm for the first time at age 12. A slight obsession, one could say, took over and she continued to explore the world of cosmetic craft and artistry with the help of her environmental chemist father.
More than a decade later, in 2013, she launched Dunkle Authentic to include both handcrafted products and bespoke artistry services, including lipsticks and lip glosses, each named after beloved places from family travels. Her recently launched basics collection includes a simplistic line of foundation pigments showcasing skin tones from around the world.