Milan fashion week is notorious for its late starts and over the top shows. Milan Fashion week started in 1958 and remains one of the top fashion weeks stops followed by London, and then Milan, and ending with Paris. Milan fashion week is ran and owned by non- profit association Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana or (The National Chamber for Italian Fashion).
The National Chamber for Italian Fashion organization was started in 1958 in order to help to promote, organize and co-ordinate development of Italian fashion. Many keep proprietors public and private play key roles in the fashion sector of Milan. The events dedicated to women’s fashion are the most important womenswear / Milan SS Women Ready to Wear, and Milano Moda Donna being the major fashion shows). The summer events dedicated to men include Menswear and Milano Moda Uomo.
Milan Fashion week is held at some of the most influential venues and features over 40 shows that transform the city into a fashion tourist hot spot.
Here are some of the hottest trends fresh off the runways of Milan Fashion Week #MFWlive
- Geek Chic: Less is more on the runway it seem geeky is the new sexy this season the geek chic aesthetic rules over explicit sex appeal in Milan.
- Femininity: Ultra feminine looks seems to be the trend on all the runway this season Milan fair no different as models hit the runway in beautiful soft feminine silhouettes that range from girly girl, to earthy nomads. Thigh high splits; ruffles and billowing dresses are among the top styles on the runways.
- Victorian: This Romanticism has been on all of this season runways shows with everything from frills, ruffles, tailoring and more.
- Glam: Punk and Pop with a twist as these element focused on standout sequins, glitter, metallic and studs.
- Bold Graphics: Larger over the top motifs and mixed bold prints inspire by graphic styles in 3d, seaside, rockets, animal motifs were definitely a hit on the runway in Milan.
- Power suits: The classic two piece suit revamped as taken on a new twist as the good girl gone bad and will be the new power suit in pants or skirts.
- Pretty in Pink: Pink was definitely dominating the runways at Milan with the girls just wanna have fun and be fab at the same time. Pink was on the runway with knitwear, formalwear and more. Other colors on the runway were Yellow and Acid greens.
- Acid Wash: This trend has taken on a new height is mixed tye dye on denim with a more youth twist.
- 1970s: This era definitely was present on the runways as we seen flare legs, tye dye, patchwork, acid colors, as well as psychedelia.