Whether you’re a first time traveler or an infamous travel vet, we’ve all been in situations where we’ve wished we’ve had a travel apps for that. Whether you are looking for “ currency conversion” or “ cheapest local eats”. Here is a list of the top 12 travel apps for your next holiday .
Money and tipping
1. XE (Free) – Quickly enter conversation amounts and access live market rates for over 190 different currencies
2. Just the Tip ( $0.99)- Calculates tips and splits bills easily in many different currencies
3. Google Translate (Free)- Translate 59 languages in text and hear 23 languages worth of converted phrases. Simply type or speak to translate a phrase
4. Word Lens(Free)- Take printed words from one language to another with your smartphone’s camera
5. WhatsApp Messenger (Free)- Exchange real-time “text” messages while abroad with a Wi-fi or 3G connection. You can also whatsapp call other whataspp users for free
6. Skype(Free)- Free video calling and cheap video or landline phone calls as low as $0.20 with a Wi-fi or 3G connection
7. mPassport ($34.99)- Get connected to healthcare with doctors, hospital, and resources anywhere in the world
8.ICE( $3.99)- Keep contact information and medical condition details readily available. It also translates stored information in 10 different languages in the event of a medical issue
9.Travel Advisor(Free)– Get the best tips from travelers on hotels to restaurants in the destination you are visiting
10.CityMaps2Go ( $2.99)– Access detailed offline maps, in-depth travel content, and inside tips worldwide
11. Airbnb(Free)-Airbnb is a website for people to rent out lodging. It has over 800,000 listings in 33,000 cities and 192 countries. It’s a great alternative to a hotel, the variety of home listed can range from tree houses in Costa Rica to Penthouses in Miami.
12. Skyscanner(Free)– Skyscanner is a global search engine that enables people to find comparisons for flights, hotels and car hire. The service is free to users and directs you to the airline, hotel, car hire provider or travel agency to complete the booking process.
If you liked this article or more, click the subscribe button above to receive travel tips and advice straight to your inbox