London Fashion week started in 1984, its a Clothing trade show London Fashion Week that’s organized by the British Fashion Council (BFC) for the London Development Agency and Department for Business, Innovation and Skills. London Fashion Week ranks is held twice a year September and February and it ranks alongside New York, Paris and Milan as one of the ‘Big Four’ fashion weeks.
London Fashion Week is always known for it most memorable fashion and it is on the rise to becoming the place to build your fashion business. Some of hottest trends in spring/summer 2016 just finished hitting the runways at LFW SS16. London is home to some of the hottest names in fashion reign and with that comes some of top trends influences in fashion and retail for SS/2016. Designers brought took inspiration from a huge variety of sources with a fresh new mix from Autumn/Winter, 60s, 70s, with top colors being both yellow and lilac were popular hues.
Here are the top trends coming for 2016 fresh off the runways of London Fashion week
- Victorian: This era was heavy on the runways of London fashion week as the Victorian era influences definitely seem as if they here with Chintz, ruffles, high collars, floral, Tiered, intricate, or opaque lace as well as chokers.
- Mixed Bold graphic: Color blocking has taking on new methods as designers use graphic style approaches with mixing bold graphic prints. Kaleidoscopic and geometric prints definitely ruled the runway for this style.
- 1980s: The accessories of the 80s took center stage with cluster earrings, cubic zircona, plaster flowers, feathers, chokers, clutches, stoles, thick headbands, square toe boots, boxy shoulder bags and skinny heels.
- Tight Binding: With so much emphasis place on the waist this kimono influences in fashion has been display with tie fitted and corset style looks in rope, knots motifs as well as crisscrossed.
- Ultra-feminine: Lots of pinks, glitter, metallic and sequins the runway lit up with so many feminine silhouettes, colors and styles. This may be the comeback for those girly girls.
- Off the Shoulder: One of the top trends this season this style taking over fashion for sure seems every designer took their own take on the off the shoulder look in various style from ready to wear to formal.
- Crochet: Mesh inspired crochet styles that gave the look of netting hit the runway in knitwear ,ready to wear and swim wear.
- Two piece suit: The power suit for women is definitely the two piece suit this look hit the runway with pants as well as skirts.
- Latin America: Hot this season on the runway were all the Latin American style influences which includes heavy woven style graphics, sheer, embroidery and needlework on halter style a line skirts and dresses.
- 1970s: The era of disco has taken on a modern twist with sequins, glitter, and flare legs and patchwork all ruling the London fashion week runway.
- Statement jackets: This season is all about the outerwear making a statement hot style included statement capes and lounge jackets,