In today’s security-slowed travel world when you have to open bags at TSA or struggle with them through crowed airports how often have you wished you could travel without any luggage at all? Well a new company called unPack is making your wish come true. Unpack.com, which just started service in New York and will be expanding soon, coordinates an entire wardrobe and toiletries for you that are waiting in your hotel, motel or Airbnb when you arrive. Sounds good? Maybe. We’re just wondering about sizes and styles. As we all know one size doesn’t fit all. But you do get a chance to select styles.
Here’s the facts according to the website:
- It is what is –a suitcase full of clothes, accessories, and toiletries waits at your destination. unPacks has everything you need to travel comfortably and offer a stress-free alternative to packing yourself. Use them as a supplement to your own packing or an all-in-one solution for your luggage.
- Who benefits—every type of traveler from backpacker to business people. For less than the price of a checked bag ($39 and up), your unPack is already there. No more worrying, checked bag fees, forgetting a charger, battling for overhead space, TSA travel bottles, baggage claim waits, and wrinkled clothes.
- How to get unpack-ed:
- Choose an unPack
- Where are you going? For how long?
- Reserve your unPack
- Let us know what hotel to deliver your unPack.
- Pick up your unPack
- unPack will be waiting at your hotel’s front desk on the morning of your requested check-in date.
- Drop off your unPack
Leave your unPack at the hotel front desk on the last day of your reservation. unPack says clothes are professionally cleaned, folded, and packed for every traveler. Each item is inspected by hand before being packed to ensure that it reaches you in mint condition. We’re committed to making sure that clothes reach our travelers in better, cleaner conditions than the clothes in a normal checked bag or carry-on. You can rent unpack for two to five days, the cost of hotel delivery is baked into the cost of each unPack, so no surprises on the checkout page. If you do not notify unPack at least 24 hours before your drop-off time, your credit card will be charged for an additional reservation and a surcharge of $50 each day.
- Will it fit? My question exactly to which unpack says, “We source our clothes from name brands that a wide range of travelers would have in their closet. To help predict your best fit, consult our sizing guide page for advice on choosing the right size for your unPack.” If the clothes don’t fit or you hate them unpack says it will rush you different clothes at no extra cost.
- Nitty gritty: your wardrobe and accessories will be at your hotel before 11 a.m. on the date of your arrival. You must return the unPack to the front desk or concierge at your hotel before the end of the day on the last day of your trip.Because unPack is in beta testing, inventory is tightly limited and not all booking requests can be accommodated. We recommend reserving your unPack as far in advance of your trip as possible. Please note we cannot accept requests less than 24 hours before your travel dates.
For those of you who prefer to bring your own outfits and accessories we’ve attached a cool video on how to pack smart. It will be interesting to see how well the company does.