The fourth of five blind audition episodes for NBC’s The Voice aired on Tuesday, with superstar coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams closing in on completing their season 9 teams. All four rosters are once again even, with just two places each – or eight final spots overall – available going into next Monday’s final round.
If you missed any of the episode, below are the singers who made it through on Tuesday, with the results of their auditions in parentheses. Click any of the links to watch their blind auditions:
1. Chance Pena, “I See Fire” (turned 1 chair)
2. Viktor Kiraly, “What’s Going On” (turned 4 chairs)
3. Andi & Alex, “Thank You” (turned 4 chairs)
1. Krista Hughes, “Angel From Montgomery” (turned 4 chairs)
2. Cole Criske, “Dreaming with a Broken Heart” (turned 2 chairs, Gwen & Blake)
1. Korin Bukowski, “Cecilia and the Satellite” (turned 1 chair)
2. Alex Kandel, “Bright” (turned 2 chairs, Adam & Gwen)
1. Darius Scott, “You Make Me Wanna” (turned 3 chairs, Adam, Gwen & Pharrell)
2. Celeste Betton, “Love You I Do” (turned 1 chair)
By The Numbers:
Once again, there are three four-chair auditions in this episode. That means every episode of season 9 so far has included three four-chair auditions. Three of the four episodes have also started with a four-chair audition.
Viktor Kiraly hails from Budapest, Hungary, which makes him the second artist in this season to hail from overseas (the first being Keith Semple, who listed his hometown as Larne, Northern Ireland, UK). Amusingly, both international singers are on the same team – Team Adam.
Andi & Alex represent the second duo to appear on The Voice this season, following Jubal & Amanda, who joined Team Pharrell at the conclusion of Monday’s episode.
Your coach counts for the episode: Adam Levine pushed his button 6/14 times, Blake Shelton clocked just 4/14, Gwen Stefani registered 7/14 (including the first three in a row), and Pharrell Williams wanted 5/14 artists.
Each of the coaches now needs two artists to fill their teams going into the final episode of blind auditions. This is exactly the same situation that happened during Gwen Stefani’s first season as a coach (season 7). All four teams had two vacancies leading into the fifth episode of blind auditions, which aired Oct. 6, 2014.
The Voice blind auditions conclude Monday at 8 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.