Sunday the Kansas City Symphony performs at Union Station at 8 p.m., festivities begin at 1 p.m. Gridiron Glory opens on Saturday at Union Station. The Kansas City T-Bones play Friday through Sunday at the Community America Ballpark at the Legends West in Kansas City, Kansas. Conquest 46 is Friday through Sunday at the Downtown Marriott. The Elders play at Knuckleheads. The Kansas City Royals take on St. Louis this weekend at Kauffman Stadium. FC Kansas City takes on Chicago at the Swope Park Soccer Village. The Kearney Blues Festival is held on Saturday at the Kearney Amphitheater.
Theater May 22 through May 24:
- Buffalo Room: 817 Westport Rd., “Down the Road,” closes May 11.
- Chestnut Fine Arts Center: 234 N. Chestnut, Olathe, “Church Basement Ladies,” closes June 28.
- Hotel Phillips: 106 W. 12, “The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Show,” closes Oct. 10.
- Kansas City Rep, Copaken Stage: 13th and Walnut, “Sticky Traps,” closes May 24.
- Living Room Theater: 1818 McGee, “On an Average Day,” closes June 28.
- Missie B’s: 805 W. 39, “The Birds,” closes June 6.
- Mystery Train Dinner Theater: Various locations, “Hold Up on Dead Man’s Creek,” closes June 13.
- New Theater Restaurant: 9229 Foster, Overland Park, “Hairspray,” closes July 12.
- Paradise Park: 1021 NE Colburn, Lee’s Summit, “The Toby Show,” closes May 23.
Aftershock Bar is located at 5244 Merriam Dr. in Merriam, Kan. Friday night at 7 p.m. The club presents Cimino with Bridges Burnt, Shoot For Wednesday, Civil Symphony, Damien Gunn, and Noveria. Doors open at 6:30 and the show is rated for all ages. There is a $10 upcharge at the door. Sunday at 7 p.m. Sexpot Presents-the Cut UP’s and Goat Rainbow.
Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club is located just south of downtown at 3402 Main in Kansas City. On Friday night at 9:30 p.m. Billy Badass, Drew and the Dirty Electric, and the Heavy Figs take the stage with a $7 cover charge. Saturday night the club presents Fast Johnny, Two Headed Cow, Alexis Barclay, Clementines, and Bill Bats and at 10 p.m. Ving and Shi Tez.
Kelly’s Westport Inn located at 500 Westport Road, in the Westport Entertainment District. Friday the club will feature on stage Twice on Sundays on the stage at 10 p.m. At 10 p.m. on Saturday night, Block Party takes the main stage. Kelly’s Westport Inn has an outdoor dining and drinking area located on the rooftop of the business.
The Record Bar is located at 1020 Westport Road in the Westport Entertainment District. Friday night the club presents Soul Revival 3.0 at 7 p.m. and at 9:30 p.m., Tennis takes the stage. On Saturday at 5 p.m., the club features Camp Encourage Showcase with Westport Music, Front Porch Chorus, and The Ragged Few. At 9:30 p.m., the club features the 2015 US Air Guitar Kansas City Qualifier.
The Riot Room is located just north of Westport Rd. and Broadway at 4048 Broadway. On Friday at 6 p.m., Indyground Presents: Duncan with Via Luna and Trev Cop on the patio stage. At 8 p.m. The club features Banditos, Birch Street, and Conner Leimer and at 10 p.m. Moon Boots and Sheppa takes the stage.
The Uptown Arts Bar is located at 3611 Broadway in the Valentine Shopping District. On Friday, at 8 p.m. the club features the Lucha Raptor Comedy Show and at 10 p.m. Chick Norris: music that kicks ass. On Saturday at 12 p.m., the club hosts Improve classes with Chess with a Death, at 7 p.m. the club features the Historic KC Trivia Night and Fundraiser and at 10 p.m. Skivvies Comedy Show takes the stage.