In early September, Dwayne Johnson, aka “The Rock,” rescued his new French bulldog puppy “Brutus,” from drowning in his swimming pool…but the pup recently encountered a danger that he could not be saved from, reported Wednesday’s ABC 7 News.
The Rock announced his beloved pup’s passing to his Instagram followers on Tuesday – he stated, “Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed. At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven.”
Brutus met with an untimely demise because he ate a wild mushroom while outside playing with his canine brother “Hobbs.” The toxic mushroom quickly began to destroy Brutus’ liver and immune system and despite veterinary intervention, the damage was too significant for the pup to be saved.
Johnson concluded his sad Instagram post with a warning to other dog owners;
I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members.
National Dog News Examiner on Facebook (click ‘get notifications’ on the page to receive updates).