How can you deny a food with a name like, “Tigernut”? The name denotes exotic fierceness and that’s exactly what tigernuts bring to the table. It’s exotic, because few people know about it today. Which is strange because it made up 80% of our paleo ancestors’ diet. What’s even stranger is that Tigernut’s not even a nut, it’s a tuber (a tiny root vegetable!)
These tiny powerhouses, rich in iron, fiber, potassium and Vitamin’s E & C, were actually traditionally used to make horchata. The difference between Organic Gemini’s Horchata, however, are their ingredients and their process.
- Sweetened with dates- Horchata is typically loaded with sugar. Organic Gemini opted for organic medjool dates, instead, for an all-natural (healthier) sweetness.
- Cold-pressed- Organic Gemini’s horchata is also cold-pressed, which means it’s raw and never heated. Heating drinks leads to a decrease in vitamins, minerals, enzymes, anti-oxidants and overall goodness. Many nutritionists and health experts believe that cold pressed juice, is therefore, optimal for your health.
- Biodynamic filtered water- Many beverages on the shelf today are made with tap water (which means contaminated with harmful toxins and heavy metals). Organic Gemini’s Horchata has a thorough water filtration process for a safer Horchata.
- Dairy-free and Grain-free- There’s no denying the fact that more and more people are becoming grain-sensitive and lactose-intolerant. This horchata is a plant-based “milk” that can be used as a milk-replacement if need be. Organic Gemini’s Horchata is also paleo, gluten-free, organic, raw, nut-free, kosher, vegan and non-GMO!
- Pre-biotics galore- Tigernuts are the number 1 source of a prebiotic fiber called resistant starch, which is fuel for our probiotic bacteria. In other words, it’s good for health gut bacteria.
Organic Gemini Horchata comes in 7 different delicious flavors:
- Original- This is the ultimate milk substitute. Made simply with Filtered Water, Organic TigerNuts, Organic Medjool Dates and Himalayan Pink Salt — it’s the perfect blend without the questionable ingredients, hormones, antibiotics and other spooky additives in cow’s milk.
- Unsweetened- If you’d even like to skip out on the tasty dates that are in all the other drinks, they have this unsweetened version, just in case. And it still tastes great (especially in morning cereal).
- Chai- Mmm…who doesn’t love a little chai? This horchata chai is one of a kind and will satisfy your ‘milk & spice and everything nice’ craving.
- Banana- Tigernuts have a sweetness all by themselves and a little extra banana took this one to the top as one of the family’s faves!
- Strawberry- What’s great is their horchata’s are not overly sweet, but still gives you enough sweetness to keep you feeling satisfied. Simply loves the strawberry hint in this unique beverage.
- Coffee- A mild latte of sorts, coffee is the perfect blend with horchata. Love this for a morning pick me up.
- Green- This “green machine” features Broccoli Leaves, Kale, Lemon, Parsley and Ginger for a super health kick.
For more information about Organic Gemini and their fabulous Horchata and other tigernut products, visit organicgemini.com.