This is an excellent dip anytime you are looking to celebrate or entertain. With the Super Bowl and Valentines Day around the corner, consider this Tangy Apricot Brie Dip recipe when planning for your special events.
The rich, creamy texture of the brie cheese, infused with the delightful sweetness of the apricot makes for a unique dip among your other hearty options. It also makes for a romantic appetizer if your are planing a cozy evening at home with that special someone.
Ingredients for the Tangy Apricot Brie Dip:
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves (sugar-free can be used)
- 1/4 cup apple / or apricot juice
- 2 – 2 1/2 lbs brie, cut into cubes after removing outer rind
- 1 T. honey
- French Bread, baguette, or crackers
Directions for the Tangy Apricot Brie Dip:
- In a medium sized slow cooker, combine dried apricots, apricot preserves, and juice.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Once hot, stir in brie cubes.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes, checking periodically until the brie fully melts.
- Turn to warm until ready to serve.
- Transfer contents into a serving bowl and drizzle with honey before serving.
- Serve with bread, crackers, and fruit.
- Add additional preserves before serving for a boost in flavor.
- Accompanying flavors: Pear or tart apple slices, and red or green peppers all taste surprisingly delicious with this dip.
- Note that many dried apricots have been treated with sulfur dioxide to preserve their color. Read your labels for organic ingredients.
If you enjoyed this recipe, then CHECK OUT these Top-10 Slow Cooker Concoctions from my recipe collection!
- Roast Beef
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Crock pot Tropical Tea
- Smoked Sausage w/ Cabbage & Apples
- Rosemary Chicken & White Beans
- Creamy Ranch Chicken
- Red Beans & Rice
- Spanish Rice
For ideas on where to shop for local or organic ingredients, please click on any of the links below:
• Boise Co-Op
• Whole Foods Market
• Brown Box Organics
• Idaho Organic Store Locator
From my home to yours: another favorite recipe – enjoyed with nutrition in mind.