August shows promise with many music festivals to keep you busy through out the month. Perfect to spend time with the kids before school starts again.
- Fab4 Music Festival – “Danbury Fields Forever” entertainment line-up for Saturday, August 15, 2015 is here: The Hofners, The Blue Meanies, Penny Lane, The Oh Nos, Number Nine, The Navels, AfterFab, Strictly Beatles, Nekita Waller, Eric from DizzyFish, and School of Rock. On August 15, 1965, The Beatles played their historic first Shea Stadium concert. 50 years later to the exact date, fans are celebrating that momentous event at Ives Concert Park, 43 Lake Ave Ext, on the campus of Western CT State University, in Danbury, Connecticut. Doors will open at noon, and the music will continue until 8pm. The event is in its fourth year, and is a family-friendly event with music and attractions for all ages..
- Pig Jam IV- August 6 to the 10th, 2015. Wild Bills Nostalgia 1003 Newfield St, Middletown, Connecticut 06457. This our 4th annual campout music festival. 3 days of music and fun. Tickets: Early Bird Special $75, $100 at the gate and $120 early entry on Thursday. No Glass bottles allowed bring cans or plastic. No pets on the grounds during the event. We want to provide a fun and safe environment for all attendees, artist , and staff. Wild Bills Nostalgia 1003 Newfield St, Middletown, Connecticut 06457
- WimBash Beach Festival – August 16, 2015. Old Grove Park at Savin Rock Beach, West Haven, CT. Hartford, CT – Doug Wimbish and Nova Sound Studios, LLC together with Rockhouse School of Music, West Haven Mayor Edward O’Brien and the City of West Haven, CT are proud to present the 1st Annual WimBash Beach Festival on Sunday, August 16, 2015 from 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm at Old Grove Park at West Haven Savin Rock Beach in West Haven, CT.
Hosted by the legendary Living Colour and Sugar Hill Records bassist Doug Wimbish, the WimBash Beach Festival will support the City of West Haven public school music program. Through raffle sales and donations, proceeds from the WimBash fundraiser will assist program development for students to learn guitar, bass and keyboard using Rock House U Video Learning Labs. Additionally, funds raised will also be used to purchase instruments, computers and software to implement the learning system.
An exciting day of music awaits with internationally acclaimed rock royalty joining together in The WimBash All-Star Band supergroup featuring Doug Wimbish and frontman Corey Glover of the Grammy Award winning rock-funk band Living Colour, drummer Daru Jones as featured on the July 2015 cover of Modern Drummer magazine (Jack White, The RUFF Pack) and guitarist Paul Pesco (Hall & Oates, Madonna). Oli Herbert (All That Remains), Berklee College of Music sophomore Kyle Ward (guitar), John McCarthy (Rockhouse School of Music) and powerhouse vocalist Heather Joseph are amongst the special guests.
The WimBash Beach line-up also features performances by Chemical Z, Maxx Explosion, Tears Fall Down with special friends, PLB, JME Strchld + more. Connecticut’s own DJ Markie Gee will be spinning and keeping the groove on.
Admission is free and open to all ages.
Also introducing WimBash Instrument and Music Gear Amnesty. Your donation of gently used or unwanted musical instruments and gear will be distributed to underprivileged youth in the West Haven, CT area in conjunction with Rockhouse School of Music.
WimBash Beach Festival set times:
3:00 pm Doors
4:00 to 4:30 pm PLB
4:45 to 5:30 pm Tears Fall Down
5:45 to 6:30 pm Max Explosion
6:45 to 7:30 pm Chemical Z
7:45 to 9:15 pm WimBash All-Stars
For more Info, please visit:
- Podunk Bluegrass Festival – August 6 – 9, 2015. Admission $20 to $40. Live local and regional bluegrass, workshops, open stage, and jam sessions, food, kids’ activities and more. At the Hebron Lions Fairgrounds, Route 85, Hebron, CT. Call for more information 860-828-9818
- Plainville Hot Air Balloon Festival – August 28 – 30, 2015. A free family friendly event celebrating the majest of hot air balloons. Food , arts and crafts vendors, and a fireworks display on Friday night. Presented by the Plainville Fire Company. Norton Park, 197 S Washington St , Plainville, CT. For more information 860-747-0283
- Riverfront and Dragon Boat and Asian Festival – August 15 – 16, 2015. Dragon boat racing, authentic Asian music and dance performances, food and merchandise vendors, an Asian beer garden, martial arts expo and arts and crafts for the kids. Mortensen Riverfront Plaza, 300 Columbus Blvd, Hartford CT. For more information 860-713-3131
If you would like articles like this delivered right to your inbox please subscribe to the author.