The Grill on the Alley at the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose is a well-known steakhouse serving a classic American menu. The Grill is modeled after the great grills of the past of New York and San Francisco and has been rated as one of the top steakhouses. Head chef Efren Cardenas is always known to prepare his famous steaks and seafood that meets the desires of their clientele.
In addition to their standard steakhouse menu, they also feature special dinners, working with local winemakers to pair the right wine with each course of the meal. On Saturday, November 14, the San Jose Grill on the Alley will feature a Stag’s Leap Wine Dinner, pairing their courses with some of the delicious, award-winning wines from Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars in Napa. Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars has a long and distinguished wine reputation and is considered a Napa Valley first-growth estate. It was founded in 1970 at the start of the renaissance of the valley. In 1976 the 1973 Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars S.L.V. Cabernet Sauvignon was judged as the best red wine at the Judgment of Paris tasting comparing the best wines of France and California.
Chef Efren will be preparing a special five-course dinner as follows:
- Scallop & Shrimp Ceviche
- 2014 Aveta Sauvignon Blanc – a crisp flavorful wine beaming with flavors of lemon peel, grapefruit and stone fruit.
- Hudson Bay Arctic Char
- 2013 Karia Chardonnay – a graceful wine starting with aromas of peach, apple and vanilla, leading on to nice acidity and minerality and a long fresh finish
- Pork Shoulder Roulade
- 2014 Hands of Time Red Wine Blend – a Bordeaux style blend with flavors of dark fruit, oak and spice with a touch of coffee and chocolate
- Duck Confit Orecchiette
- 2012 Artemis Cabernet Sauvignon – a big, rich sensational wine loaded with blackberry, currant and dark chocolate leading to a long balanced finish
- Prime Dry Aged New York
- 2012 S.L.V. Estate Cabernet Sauvignon – continues the heritage of the same wine that won the Judgment of Paris, you will enjoy the aromas and flavors of blackberry, currant, blueberry, spice and cocoa
- Azoulay Vanilla Souffle
- Clear Creek “Poire Belle Helene”
The Stag’s Leap Wine Dinner is on Saturday, November 14 from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. at The Grill on the Alley in the Fairmont Hotel at 172 S. Market Street in San Jose. Tickets are $120 per person plus tax and tip. Order tickets from The Grill website.
For more information:
- The Grill on the Alley
- Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars