Fitness and club fittings are big themes in golf these days as players strive for greater distance, particularly off the tee. So with that in mind, the St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort is offering a “Fit Fore VIPs” golf package that includes a personal fitting at world headquarters of a major equipment manufacturer, each if which is located in Carlsbad, Calif., about 30 miles north San Diego.
One of the great properties in the western U.S., the St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort is a Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond property in Southern California’s Orange County (www.stregismb.com).
“The “Fit Fore VIPs” golf package is an ultimate guys’ golf getaway, as well as an ideal vacation for avid golfing couples,” said Eric Lohman general manager of Monarch Beach Golf Links, “either for a weekend trip or an extended stay.”
Lohman said each guest in the package will be guided throughout the experience by a PGA golf professional from the Monarch Beach Golf Links staff.
“About the only thing missing is an actual red carpet,” said Lohman, who is personally coordinating each “Fit Fore VIPs” golf experience.
Guests will be chauffeured to and from the selected company’s elite full-service facilities – exactly where the tour pros go for their club testing.
After a personalized club-fitting using the latest technology, the golfer can order custom-made clubs that will be shipped to the golfer’s home.
Available throughout 2015, the package starts at $1,630 per person and includes:
• Private limousine service (to and from airport, club-fitting)
• A suite for two nights at the St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort (double occupancy)
• St. Regis Butler Service throughout the stay
• Club-fitting at world headquarters of Titleist, TaylorMade, or Callaway (cost of new equipment is additional)
• Unlimited golf daily on the Monarch Beach Golf Links
• “FlexSet” golf club rental (while the new set is being built)
• Golf car and Monarch Beach “Waterman” personal forecaddie service for each round
• Access to the resort’s private beach and “guests-only” Monarch Bay Club
• Breakfast daily
The 6,600-yard, par-70 Monarch Beach Golf Links is set along dramatic bluffs where architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. has fashioned a modern design inspired by the legendary seaside Scottish links. Amid sweeping views of the Pacific,
Down at the beach, guests can relax to the sounds of rolling waves, or enjoy surfing, body-boarding, body-surfing, stand up paddle-boarding, and ocean kayaking. Private lessons in all these sports are available. The resort also features the Spa Gaucin, six restaurants (each looking out over the Pacific), three swimming pools, and a host of guest-friendly programs.