With one of California’s newest brew trails, the East Bay’s Tri-Valley region is earning a reputation as a craft beer destination. Now through December 31, the Tri-Valley Beer Trail aims to “Spread Cheer with Beer” by donating $20 to the Alameda County Community Food Bank for every beer passport with five stamps. With a growing collection of 16 participating stops in Pleasanton, Livermore, Dublin and Danville, a passport stamp is only a pour away.
To start spreading cheer with beer for the holidays, download the Tri-Valley Beer Trail Passport at VisitTriValley.com, and start sipping suds. Get a stamp from any five participating breweries, taprooms or restaurants and redeem your passport via email or in person to ensure the $20 donation. Amateurs and aficionados alike will enjoy sampling flights of local craft beer and chatting with passionate brew masters.
“The formation of the Tri-Valley Beer Trail has helped to unify the region’s craft beer scene and build momentum,” says Pleasanton resident Julie Nickels, founding co-publisher of California Celebrator (the country’s first magazine dedicated to beer culture, now a national publication called Celebrator). “’Spread Cheer with Beer’ is a fun way to support local businesses while raising money for charity. It’s win-win.”
For those who want to support the cause without the hangover, a limited edition “ugly” sweater featuring the “Spread Cheer with Beer” message is available online at VisitTriValley.com. Alameda County Community Food Bank will receive a $20 donation for every sweater sold. Priced at $60 (includes tax and shipping), the colorful sweaters are available in large and extra large sizes while supplies last.
Stops on the Tri-Valley Beer Trail currently include:
- Altamont Beer Works, Livermore (925) 443-2337
- Eight Bridges Brewing Company, Livermore (925) 961-9160
- Working Man Brewing Company, Livermore (925) 269-9622
- First Street Ale House, Livermore (925) 371-6588
- Tap 25, Livermore (925) 294-8970
- Beer Baron, Livermore (925) 454-1449
- Sauced BBQ & Spirits, Livermore (925) 961-1300
- Artistic Table, Livermore (925) 292-1543
- The Growler Pub, Danville (925) 984-2706
- Caps & Taps Bottle Shop and Tap Room, Dublin (925) 248-2139
- Dublin Vine at Whole Foods Market, Dublin (925) 452-2226
- Three Sheets Craft Beer Bar, Dublin (925) 361-5724
- Main St. Brewery, Pleasanton (925) 462-8218
- Handles Gastropub, Pleasanton (925) 484-2463
- The Hop Yard Ale House, Pleasanton (925) 425-0217
- McKay’s Taphouse and Beer Garden, Pleasanton (925) 425-0217
For more information: VisitTriValley.com