Wait on the Lord. Waiting isn’t a sign that you are “not favored”. Do not allow the enemy to deceive you. He will show you all the people who are cuddling their spiritual babies and will tell you God has forsaken you. However, remember, the race is not given to the swift but to those who endure until the end.
As you wait, your spiritual baby is maturing. You are experiencing changes as well. For instance, your body transforms tremendously (weight, skin tone, hair, nails, etc.). Also, your eating habits, will change as well. You may find yourself eating things like eggs and peanut butter! This is the world of pregnancy.
Now after you have endured nine months of this metamorphosis, the delivery of your spiritual baby is inevitable (unavoidable).
Right now many are feeling labor pains; others are feeling nauseated (beginning stage of pregnancy). Keep in mind that being pregnant is not about being “cute.” Listen, while your body is undergoing numerous changes (some not so lovely), and when those contractions occur, you will understand that being “cute” or impatient will work against you.
Therefore, wait and worship Yahweh because sooner than later you will give birth!
Now, let us break this down spiritually. When you are pregnant with destiny, you will have to pray, fast, mourn, shout, declare the Word of God, fight demonic oppositions, endure rejection, study, wait, cry, trust the people God sends to help you, forgive, etc.
While you are consistent in those spiritual matters, your spiritual man becomes stronger and the fruit of the Spirit develops in you. As a result, you will give birth in season (meaning you will accomplish what God has for you systematically but according to His timing).
Rub your belly and speak to the baby that is growing inside of you. This is also applicable to men. Why? Because we are speaking spiritually. And for those of you who are ready to deliver, get the nursery ready and ask God for a mature midwife. Your time is now. Listen to the sound of your water breaking. Now feel the flow of the water running down your legs. Your baby is entering into the physical realm. Hallelujah!
- 31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint (Isaiah 40:31, KJV)
- 19 The midwives answered Pharaoh, “Hebrew women are not like Egyptian women; they are vigorous and give birth before the midwives arrive” (Exodus 1:19, NIV).
- 41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women,and blessed is the child you will bear! 43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy (Luke 1:41-44, NIV).
- 21 A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world (John 16:21, NIV).
- 54 Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord.
- 2 Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes…(Isaiah 54, KJV).