One of the simplest and most affordable ways to keep homes more comfortable is with a solar-powered attic fan. Bonus: It qualifies for a 30 percent federal tax credit. The tax credit won’t last forever, however – it expires Dec. 31, 2016.
The most popular of the solar-powered attic fan option, Solar Star, has a 10-year warranty, in addition to numerous benefits:
• Climate control: Regulates attic temperature to make living spaces more comfortable.
• Solar-powered design: No electricity needed. Built-in photovoltaic power helps reduce electric bills.
• Reduction in damaging moisture: Helps eliminate mold and prolong roof life.
• Ease of installation: Installs quickly without wiring; leak-proof flashing is compatible with all roof types.
• Year-around benefits: Keeps homes cooler in the summer and helps prevent ice build-up in the winter.
• Resistance to extreme weather: Select solar-powered attic fans meet High Velocity Hurricane Zone requirements.
Solatube International Inc., the worldwide leading manufacturer and marketer of Tubular Daylighting Devices (TDDs), has a complete line of highly effective solar –powered attic fans. Solar Star Attic Fans feature a discreet and clean design while utilizing the sun’s energy to power the high-performance motor.
Solar Star attic fans work with a roof-mount vent which draws hot air and moisture out of the attic and discharges it to the exterior, providing an even, continuous flow of air. Solar Star products are available in different models with two solar panel wattage capacities to fit the needs of different roof types. Interior-mount models can be placed on existing vents to maximize air flow without adding an additional element on the roof. All fans can be installed in two hours or less.
The 30 percent tax credit (up to $1,500) on the purchase and installation of all Solar Star Attic Fans is available through Dec. 31, 2016. For details, please visit www.solarstaratticfans.com/tax-credit-information.
Retail price quotes are available through Solar Star Installers and Dealers. For more information, please visit www.SolarStarAtticFan.com.
About Solatube International
Solatube International, Inc., widely recognized as the daylighting industry innovator, has earned worldwide acclaim for its unrivaled ability to transform interior spaces with natural light. Based in California, the company is the leading manufacturer and marketer of tubular daylighting devices (TDDs) for all types of residential and commercial applications, and it continues to innovate with groundbreaking products that increase energy efficiency and light output, such as the award-winning Smart LED System and the high output SkyVault Series. For more information about the company and its related products, visit www.solatube.com or call 888-SOLATUBE.