According to reports from Fox 4 Now News and NBC 2, for months a Florida boy has been posting videos of himself abusing the family dog. Reports to the local police resulted in an active investigation on Monday, Sept. 28, 2015.
According to NBC 2, the people began reporting the videos to police on late Sunday, The officers went to the north Cape Coral home and three dogs were removed. The videos show a small tan dog being hit and threatened with a knife. There’s also a video of a whiter dog set in a plastic garbage can that is then knocked over. In this case, the videos were on a Vine Account.
The Lee County Domestic Animal Services has been notified and is investigating. Cape Coral is a city located on the Gulf of Mexico that was founded in 1957. It is the largest city between Tampa and Miami.
If you see photos or other media of animal abuse, take the following steps:
- Take a screen shot of the abuse the video or photo in case it is pulled down.
- Make sure that you have the URL or other identifying information on one of the screen shots.
- Try to identify the area where the abuse is taking place.
- Find the county and/or city where the abuse is taking place.
- Report through a police or sheriff’s tip line and include the screen shots.
You can also report the incidents to the social media network which it is posted on, however, without a police report it is unlikely that actions will be taken against the perpetrator. Reporting can be done anonymously and without intervention the abuse is likely to continue. Take time to report animal abuse because you could save a life.