Snap Kitchen is headquartered in Austin, Texas and currently has over 25 locations across the county. They have three locations in Chicago: Lincoln Park, Lakeview, and the Loop. They will be opening their fourth location in Naperville, Illinois this summer.
Snap Kitchen began their Fresh and Healthy Grab-And-Go stores 5 years ago and have grown dramatically throughout the U.S. in a very short time.
Snap Kitchen offers their guests an incredible menu of delicious and healthy alternatives to the traditional fast food restaurants. Their signs in the stores are quite impactful when compared to others. Here’s a sampling of their signs and why they’re different:
- Fresh Fish Always
- Transparency from Ingredients to Labels. Their labels contain a wealth of information.
- Real Dieticians. Registered Dieticians available for consultation.
- Organic Quinoa
- Menu Changes Seasonally
- Clean Start Cold Pressed Juices
- No Butter Ever
- Sicilian Sea Salt in moderation
- Small Batch Dressings & Sauces Made In-House
- You’ll Never Find a Spec of White Flour in Their House. For example, their noodles are make from Almond Flour!
They define themselves as Fast food for Foodies. Snap Kitchen offers their guests Grab-and-Go meals for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Desserts. Their lunch menu is more focused on the grain or starch component. Their dinner menu is more protein focused. Their signature salads and soups are second to none!
To assist their guests with any dietary requirements, each item at Snap Kitchen is labeled with one or more of 6 main icons:
- Gluten Free
- Plant Powered
- Carb Conscious
- Dairy Free
- Sodium Conscious
Most meals come in three different sizes:
- You will find the SMALL portions in their ORANGE containers. These small portions range between 200 and 300 calories.
- You will find the MEDIUM portions in their GREEN containers. These medium portions range between 300 and 400 calories.
- You will find the LARGE portions in their BLACK containers. These large portions are approximately 500 calories.
Every item has an Expiration Date sticker. All items that are within 2 days of the expiration date are pulled from the shelves.
Snap Kitchen does offer limited seating at their stores for those of you who prefer to eat at the store. They have a bank of microwaves where you can cook your purchase.
Additionally, they will be offering curbside pick-up and home delivery very soon. Call them for more details.
They also offer wide array of cold pressed juices. They sell three lines of juices:
- Clean Start – “Great Jumpstart to a Healthier Lifestyle”;
- Recovery – “Super Hydrating Juices to Keep You Energized”; and
- Go Green – “Plenty of Protein with Minimal Fat or Calories”.
Each of these lines consists of 6 different juices.
Stores Hours (varies slightly per store):
- 7am to 9pm Monday through Thursday.
- 7am to 8pm on Fridays.
- 9am to 8pm on Saturdays.
- 9am to 9pm on Sundays.
I had the opportunity to sample many of their medium sized lunch dishes. The bottom line is that I am now a big fan of Snap Kitchen. They have created the perfect healthy fast-food option. Their best seller and now my personal favorite is their “Grass-Fed Bison Quinoa Hash”. Simply stated, it was terrific!
The food is great, healthy, and fast. I have already recommended them to my family and friends.
Please follow Michelle on Twitter to stay up to date with food reviews, latest news, celebrity news, best of, parenting ideas and travel tips.
Click the SUBSCRIBE at the bottom right-hand corner to receive e-mail updates of new articles from Michelle Guilbeau.