A new concept of wine tasting just opened in Napa Valley. The Silver Trident Winery opened its new residential-style Tasting Home, nestled in the town of Yountville. The town is the culinary mecca of Napa Valley, a great place to shop, and it is host to a variety of exciting events throughout the year and backdrop for Silver Trident’s tasting concept.
The Mediterranean-style Tasting Home is tastefully furnished and curated with Ralph Lauren Home products. Guests will be able to enjoy Silver Trident wines as they browse through the Home. The Tasting Home consists of a living room, dining room and a library showcasing the furniture, floor coverings, lighting and tabletop accents from the Ralph Lauren Home collection. Everything is available for purchase, from the chandeliers overhead to the carpets underfoot, from teak, silver and leather serving trays to crystal wine goblets, as well as the wines.
Silver Trident is a Napa Valley boutique winery producing only 1,800 cases per year. The Winery is the conception of Bob Binder and Walter Jost. Bob Binder is the co-founder of Oceania Cruises, a luxury cruise line that has partnered on projects with The Wine Spectator, Lalique, Bon Appétit Magazine and Ralph Lauren Home. The Culinary Director for Oceania Cruises is Jacques Pépin; as such, the line is regarded as serving the finest cuisine at sea. Walter Jost, the winery’s co-founder is Swiss-born an accomplished advertising and media executive. Bob and Walter ambitioned creating a small winery, hand-picked grapes and people with a passion for every step of the process, from the vine to the glass. The winery’s name is a nod to Neptune, who his three-pronged spears to create earthquakes, tidal waves, and oceans.
Alongside the wide range of Ralph Lauren Home products is a thoughtfully curated collection of antiques, books and artwork sourced from around the world. The artwork will rotate, and next art exhibition will be paintings from renowned French Chef Jacques Pepin. The new exhibit of his paintings will open in June and will run through October 2015.
There is also an intimate and inviting upstairs loft room available for private events by appointment, with capacity for 20 guests.
“We are offering the wine country visitor something that’s truly never been done before,” explains founder Bob Binder. “By combining the allure of Ralph Lauren Home and our line of hand-crafted small production wines, we feel we have created an unprecedented new experience,” he adds. “We have curated a remarkable residential setting where our guests can enjoy our wines while enjoying the magic of a Ralph Lauren Home setting and everything is available to take home,” he adds.
Winemaker Kari Auringer hands-on approach, from vineyard sourcing to a myriad winemaking details, results in the production of elegant long lasting wines where the fruit is the star. She spent the last decade, creating ultra-premium wines from some of the best vineyards in Napa Valley and Sonoma County and brings that expertise to Silver Trident to create one-of-a-kind small production wines.
Current Winery releases include:
- 2014 Apollo’s Folly – A Rosé of Pinot Noir with delicate floral notes followed by an explosion of juicy ripe strawberry, apricot, and raspberry aromas burst out of the glass. In the palette, it has great acidity with a touch of minerality. (Sonoma Coast, $28)
- 2014 Symphony No. 9 – A Sauvignon Blanc with crisp citrus and tropical fruit aromas. In the palette, it is refreshing with a citrus burst and a hint of minerality. (Napa Valley, $28)
- 2012 Playing With Fire – A deep garnet blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, and Syrah with black fruit, licorice and earthiness aromas. In the palette, you will find black fruit and plums with a round velvety finish. (Napa Valley Red, $45)
- 2013 Benevolent Dictator – An elegant Pinot Noir with aromas of cherries, baking spices, and slight notes of oak and vanilla. In the palette, it is vibrant with dark fruit, licorice and lasting finish. (Sonoma Coast, $55)
- 2010 Twenty Seven Fathoms – An elegant Cabernet Sauvignon with alluring aromas of black currant, cranberry, red plum and earthiness. In the palette, there is an abundance of black fruit, elegant oak and well-integrated tannins. (Napa Valley, $90)