Even though Noah’s Ark has not been discovered yet, we have the Bible that records in the Old Testament book of Genesis that the Ark rested”upon the mountains of Ararat” (Genesis 8:4). This emplacement implies an altitude high above the current sea level, the result of the catastrophic and global deluge, that in biblical chronology happened about 4,400 years ago. This global flood refaced the earth’s surface (mountains, oceans, rivers, valleys, canyons, caves, fossils, sedimentary layers, volcanoes, etc.). Furthermore, Noah, his seven family members, and pairs of air-breathing, land-dwelling animals that were carried in the Ark survived the catastrophe (Genesis 7:13-16). No water dwelling creatures or insects were in God’s rescue venture. We do not know with certainty what happened to the Ark afterwards. The Ark may have disintegrated or rotted, or perhaps the lumber was reused, or it may still exist intact somewhere on those mountains.
The discovery of Noah’s Ark intact would carry an official recognition and here is some implications that would follow from this discovery.
1. Noah’s flood was not a local flood but a global one. Finding Noah’s Ark on the mountains of Ararat will settle the question of the size of Noah’s flood as being global and not merely local in extent. God would not of told Noah to build a colossal boat, taking over a hundred years in the making, while patiently listening to the mockery of his contemporaries, to fill up the vessel with land and air dwelling animals, just for a local flood. If the flood had been local, God would of just told Noah to move to higher ground.
2. Noah’s Ark would become the oldest man-made structure. Effectively, the biblical timetable puts Noah’s Ark as the oldest man-made structure on Earth. The global flood destroyed all previous man-made structures leaving the Ark as the oldest in existence.
3. Most secular geology books will need to be rewritten. With the proof of a global and catastrophic flood, all geologic features on the Earth would be understood as a result of such an event narrated in the Bible. Fossil formation, plate tectonics, erosion, glaciers, volcanoes, continental drift, cave formation, sedimentary rocks and most of the geologic concepts and features would finally have the right basis for interpretation, understanding, and analysis.
4. Would truly put dinosaurs in the right perspective. The fossil record, layers of sedimentary rock with fossilized animals and plants, also has dinosaur fossils scattered within. Dinosaurs (called dragons in Scripture) were on the Ark in order for them to be seen after the global flood. They possibly were hunted, starved, or turn cannibalistic, and eventually became extinct, Possibly there may still be some alive in remote jungles and deep oceans that have escaped detection. The ones not on the Ark perished and became fossils from the rapid burial of sediments from the global flood.
5. Timing of the global flood would put a recent date for the beginning of creation. The chronological timing of the Bible gives a date of about 4,400 years ago for the event of the global flood, which is totally incompatible with the purposely, distorted millions of years of secular science.
6. The Bible and its narrative of the global flood in Genesis chapters 6 through 9 would be settled once and for all. The world does not believe anything until they actually see it physically. To see the Ark would settle their doubts.
7. Finally, if Noah’s Ark is discovered that would be shocking worldwide. Fundamental philosophical ideas upon which entire branches of modern science have been built on naturalism, humanism, and atheism and their denial of a Supreme Being would be in question. However, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, the Lord Jesus Christ, with His set of absolutes, would be confirmed.