Celebrity scents are flooding the market with the latest entry RiRi from superstar Rihanna, a sexy, flirty fragrance created to “embody her vivacious spirit in an entirely new light,” according to the press hype. “Each fragrance we create brings something new and different. This is a flirty, more feminine scent. I love that we can use interesting combinations that reflect a new overall feel,” says Rihanna. The scent of RiRi by Rihanna diffuses floral essences of jasmine, honeysuckle, orange blossom and pink freesia joined on stage with passion fruit extract and rum absolute, paired with the brightness of sparkling cassis and Italian mandari, Madagascar vanilla, warm skin musk, and Indonesian sandalwood sing for a sweet yet sensual dry down.
Rihanna designed the bottle to match her glamour with a sweet pink coloration combined with harder black neck and topped with gold sphere. The outer box, etched with a metallic finish, evokes nail scratched metal adding a hint of edginess to contrast the bottle’s feminine lines. RiRi by Rihanna hit the shelves at Macy’s, on August 14, 2015 and will be available in stores such as Macys and Stage and on line at Perfumania.com in September 2015. The Eau de Parfum spray sells for $60, while the Eau de Parfum Rollerball costs $20.
Rihanna really needs no introduction as an entertainer or fashion icon, or to the world of fragrances for which she has developed six scents, two capsule collections with Armani and four River Island collections. She has sold 54 million albums and 210 million digital tracks worldwide making her the top-selling digital artist of all time. She’s has won eight Grammy Awards. With over 6 billion views and 21 Vevo certified videos, she is the most viewed artist on Vevo/YouTube and is one of the biggest artists on Facebook with over 81 million friends.
Since the launch of Michael Jackson’s Mystique Triumph in 1989 celebrities, rappers, baseball players and other famous faces have churned out fragrances on a rapidly increasing basis according to Wikipedia, interested? Read on:
- Christina Aguilera Xpose 200, Inspire, By Night, Royal Desire, Secret Potion, Red Sin, Unforgettible, Woman, Touch of Seduction
- Jay-Z Gold 2013
- Heidi Klum, Shine 2011
- Jennifer Aniston J by Jennifer Aniston 2014
- Antonio Banderas Spain Antonio Puig 2007
- Gabriela Sabatini Argentina Tennis Player Bolero 1997
- Antonio Banderas Spain Actor The Secret Puig 2010
- Halle Berry has a few fragrances on the market
- Beyoncé has created a least three scents
- Justin Bieber Someday Elizabeth Arden, Girlfriend, The Key
- Mariah Carey Dreams, (Never Forget YouVision Of LoveInseparable, Lollipop Bling (Ribbon, Mine Again, Honey), Forever, Luscious Pink
- Cher Uninhibited Parfums Stern 1987
- Hilary Duff With Love, and many nore
- Faith Hill Soul2Soul Coty Inc, rue Coty Inc. 2010, Just Me
- Even former New York Yankee baseball star Derek Jeter got into the fragrance act with Driven 2010 
- Kim Kardashian came up with a half dozen scents while Lady Gaga has created a few.
That makes for a whole lot of celebrity scents, and there are plenty more such as Nikki Minaj’s slew of sexy scents. Watch the video to test your celebrity scent detection IQ.