REX is a startup company that proudly declares itself to be an innovative–and online–avenue to buying and selling homes. Offering a high level of service, online resources and sophisticated marketing strategies, REX enables people to handle their real-estate needs for a fraction of the standard cost.
Based in Southern California, REX is the world’s first digital marketplace and concierge service, changing the way that people buy and sell homes. Today, the company announced the official launch of its platform which was previously available in limited Southern California beta. Since its initial implementation in May 2015, REX has forgone the MLS and traditional real estate agents, doing everything a traditional agent would do — and more. REX’s digital exchange brings buyers and sellers together to conduct the entire real estate transaction on any device, at any time, at a fraction of the historical cost. According to the company:
A licensed real estate brokerage, REX offers a white-glove concierge service and other extensive resources to guide both parties through the entire process, with big savings – only one percent of the purchase price is charged to the seller, versus the six percent commission that is standard in the traditional agent-driven real estate model. Because of these savings, REX’s platform allows buyers to buy a home for less and sellers to sell the exact same home for more within the same transaction. The REX experience parallels the consumer experience in other industries where the web has provided better efficiency and service at a much lower cost.
During its limited beta period, REX has sold five homes in the Los Angeles area, with an additional five now listed in the marketplace and over ten homes in queue to be listed in the near future. Now celebrating its launch into the greater public realm, the REX platform offers users:
• An Online Marketplace: Home sellers can list their homes digitally and create a detailed custom website with professional photographs in minutes. Buyers will find a curated selection of pre-screened, quality homes for sale.
• White Glove Concierge Service: In addition to maintaining direct digital communication with one another, buyers and sellers are assigned a trained concierge dedicated to their sale or purchase, guaranteeing transparency throughout the process.
• Extensive Marketing: REX markets homes where buyers are looking for homes, on sites like Google and Zillow, using the most up-to-date techniques for SEO, SEM, and remarketing drawn from the e-commerce, technology, and media industries, but not seen before in the real estate industry.
• Visual Representation: Photographers and videographers are available to provide visual assets that showcase each property.
• Communication and Booking Tools: Simple tools enable buyers and sellers to get questions answered, schedule showings, send required documents and complete negotiations, all without the telephone game among multiple agents, sellers and buyers.
• Legal Expertise: REX’s legal team reviews of every purchase agreement, a service not offered during most real estate transactions.
• Network of Partners: REX partners with leading mortgage, inspection, staging and other services to support the entire selling or buying process.
• Resource Center: Offers Q&As and blog posts addressing common and complex questions that come up during the selling and buying process, including pricing and home data by market; real estate industry data and statistics; liability and laws in each state; and more helpful information. The Resource Center will continue to be developed in coming months and consistently updated as REX enters new territories and markets evolve.
REX plans to expand into additional markets throughout the United States within the next 18 months. In each location, REX will work with residential real estate legal experts to ensure all regulations and legalities surrounding the home buying and selling process are met and exceeded.
“We understand that buying or selling a home is the largest transaction a person will likely ever undertake, so it’s understandable why it has taken the market this long to get to this point,” said Jack Ryan, founder and CEO of REX. “Our goal is to provide the highest level of service and results available and to fulfill every requirement and expectation of today’s home buyers and sellers, within a digital environment that consumers are used to, at a fraction of the cost. At the end of the day, the consumer wins if we’re able to shake up the industry…Most home buyers don’t realize that they are actually paying thousands of dollars to use an agent, as their agent’s commission is built right in to the price of the home. REX is demystifying real estate for both buyers and sellers and saving everyone money in the process.”
Lynley Sides, Chief Marketing and Operating Officer of REX, agrees: “Current real estate marketing is antiquated and ill-targeted. Take a look at real estate listings that use words like ‘curb appeal,’ ‘well appointed,’ ‘east coast charm,’ or ‘heart stopping’ – these are not terms that people use to search for a new home. We market directly to buyers, where and how they are searching for their dream home.”
To learn more about REX and see the available properties, visit the official REX website and Facebook. They can also be followed on Twitter and Instagram via the tag @rex_change