Playing with cats at a cat-themed summer camp. We couldn’t think of a better way to spend a hot summer afternoon. So we jumped at the chance to preview the Purina ONE® Cat Camp, open to the public today through Saturday, August 1 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. at the Openhouse event space at 201 Mulberry Street in Soho.
The first-ever Cat Camp includes activities designed to bring cat lovers together to experience what whole body health means for cats. While cat health is revealed from the inside out, Purina ONE is bringing the outside in with this indoor Cat Camp. Through Cat Camp, Purina ONE hopes campers leave feeling empowered that they know how to help support their cats’ health and happiness every day and for a lifetime.
Plus, all of the lovable Cat Camp cats are adoptable for a fee, and attendees go home with a goody bag with a free sample of Purina ONE cat food.
During the pop-up event, Cat Camp counselors guide visitors through a series of activities that reflect a healthy cat’s routine:
· Campfire – Just as a campfire is the heart of any campground, nutrition is at the heart of whole body health. At the center of Cat Camp, a campfire made of Purina ONE kibble will be a gathering place for campers and cats while Purina veterinarian Deborah S. Greco, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVIM shows how to check your cat for signs of whole body health.
· Climbing – Campers can traverse an indoor climbing wall and learn why cats seek high places.
· Stretching – Cat Camp counselors will demonstrate stretches inspired by cats, which is part of their whole body health you can see every day.
· Purposeful Play – Campers can play with cats while a Purina behaviorist Sandra Lyn, PhD explains the importance of physical activity and mental stimulation in a cat’s routine.
· Arts & Crafts – Campers can make DIY puzzle feeders to take home to their cats.
And cat lovers not in New York City can watch live, streaming video of Cat Camp via Periscope on Purina ONE’s Twitter feed @PurinaONECat and join the conversation with #ONECatCamp. You can also find Purina ONE on Facebook.
“Purina ONE’s Cat Camp is a fun way for cat lovers to experience all the things that feed into whole body health for cats,” said Brian Williams, Brand Manager for Purina ONE.
“We had such a great response to last year’s Cat Café, so this year we wanted to provide activities that would help educate people on whole body health, and there isn’t a better way to do that this summer than a camp-like experience.”
Adoptable kittens and cats from Animal Haven, a Petfinder partner shelter, will roam the “campgrounds” to interact with campers and show how Purina ONE provides all the nutrition your cat needs for each life stage.
For more information on Purina ONE Cat Camp, go to https://purinaone.com/catcamp.