Being a corporate meeting planner in the medical device field, it takes a lot of time and research to find the perfect venue for a meeting. Most planners just book event space at a hotel, but I like to find unique places that attendees will remember. Rose Bowl Stadium is one of those unique places and is also a National Historic Landmark.
Here are some fun facts about Rose Bowl Stadium:
- The first Rose Bowl game was played in 1902 in Tournament Park.
- The Tournament of Roses Association built the Rose Bowl in 1922.
- The field at the Rose Bowl is all natural grass.
- The rim circumference is 2,430 feet
- The playing field is 79,156 square feet
- The Rose Bowl can hold 92,542 people.
Wolfgang Puck Catering and Legends Hospitality have teamed up with the Rose Bowl to provide restaurant-style experience with handcrafted seasonal menus and attentive, approachable hospitality. Our tasting tour began in the Terry Donahue Pavilion in the Loge Lounge. Here’s some possibilities to consider for your next event:
- Cocktail Academy’s Strawberry Fix made with gin, lemon, strawberry, and club soda.
- Appetizers: Scallop Crudo with passion and stone fruits; Crudités of white and purple cauliflower; Mini hot dogs.
- Salads: Romaine Wedge Salad with ranch, bacon, and pickled red onion; Chinese Salad with napa cabbage, carrots, green onion, cashews, and crispy wonton strips.
- Entrees: Hand-carved Tomahawk ribeye steak; Pork roulade; Yellow Corn Agnolotti with parmesan and shaved black truffle; Vegetarian Curry; Dim Sum cart with offerings like Shumai and Peking Duck Bao.
- Sides: Roasted potatoes
- Desserts: Angel Fruitcake with Fresh Berries; Strawberry Shortcake; Peach Turnover; Chocolate Mousse
Our tour continued to the Court of Champions, underneath the iconic Rose Bowl marquee. Hit+Run can print custom t-shirt for your attendees in minutes. Picnic benches and stages can be setup in this space as well as a “summer clambake” of lobster, prawns, clams, stone crab, Dungeness crab, sausage, potatoes, and corn. To go along with the summer fun, you can have a summer-inspired dessert bar starring peaches: Peach Galettes, Peach Cream filled “Twinkies”, and Peach Cream Cakes. Peach-infused lemonade served in Ball Mason Jars are also a fun, refreshing way to celebrate.
In the Locker Room, you can have a casino setup for fundraising or friendly competition during an event. Excitement always seems to be in the air when numbers are hit on the roulette wheel or rolled on the craps table. Winner!
The Rose Gardens, next to the field, can be setup banquet style for dinners or wedding receptions with sweeping views of the stadium. Passed hors d’oeuvres and champagne can be served during the reception: Tuna Tartare encased in a sesame wafer and topped with tobiko and green onion; fresh shucked oysters by Oysters XO; and/or mini lobster rolls on squid ink bread.
The field can also be setup for corporate events with team-building activities that can inspire competitiveness, communication, and teamwork within your organization.
With so many options of venues within a venue and vast array of food choices, the Rose Bowl Stadium can make your next event a memorable one.
To view additional photos, please visit OC Food Diva’s Facebook page.
For more information:
Rose Bowl Stadium
1001 Rose Bowl Drive
Pasadena, CA 91103, United States
Submit an RFP