If you are like most parents, you are already dreading all that Halloween candy your little ghosts and goblins will collect in their jack ‘o lantern bucket during their trick or treating adventures. You may have even did a search for “leftover Halloween candy”. The good news is that there is a very humbling and exciting way to part the kids with some of their sugar and chocolate candy that is called “Operation Gratitude”.
You’re probably thinking “what is Operation Gratitude?” and “where do I take the candy?” What kind of doctor would prefer kids have as little sugar as possible? That’s right, the dentist! There are several Halloween candy buyback locations in the Raleigh that are listed below. If you are outside the Raleigh area, this link will take you to the nationwide network of participating dentist: Halloween Candy Buyback
This is a great way to teach children about sharing and how important it is to remember our US soldiers who are away from home and their families. They also collect letters that Americans write to thank our US military and offer a moment of joy that will put a smile on their face.
Operation Gratitude’s passion is to lift the spirits and to offer tangible a thank you to our Active Duty and Veteran communities. The non-profit sends over 150,000 care packages filled with snacks, entertainment, hygiene and hand-made items, plus personal letters of appreciation, to New Recruits, Veterans, First Responders, Wounded Warriors, Care Givers, and to individually named U.S. Service Members deployed overseas.
As a non-profit organization, Operation Gratitude is funded entirely by private donations. Each package they ship contains donated product valued at $75-100 and costs the organization $15 to assemble and ship. Since beginning in 2003, Operation Gratitude volunteers have shipped more than One Million Care Packages.
For further information on the “do’s and don’ts” of Halloween candy buyback, please visit Operation Gratitude Blog. Your kids may very well surprise you with their generosity, when you tell them about our US troops and their families who are not here in America to enjoy any candy.
Participating dentists in the Raleigh, NC area:
- 158 Village Walk Drive, Holly Springs, NC, 27540, Phone: (919) 577-9009, Email: Kharabraces@yahoo.com, Www.kharabraces.com
- 1830 Garner Station Blvd, Raleigh, NC, 27603, Phone: (919) 714-7570, Email: Dreamsmilesnc@yahoo.com, Www.dreamsmilesnc.com
Williams & Daily Dental
- 6837 Falls of Neuse Rd. Suite 200, Raleigh, NC, 27615, Phone: (919) 846-9070, Email: email@example.com, williamsdds.com
Cary Family Dental
- McCaw`, Cary, NC, 27511, Phone: (919) 508-7030, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, CARYDENTAL.COM
Carolina Pediatric Dentistry
- 2800 Wakefield Pines Drive STE 110, Raleigh, NC, 27614, Phone: (919) 570-0180, Email: email@example.com, www.carolinapedo.com
Adams and Cheek Dentistry
- 11001 Raven Ridge Rd. Suite 101, Raleigh, NC, 27614, Phone: 919-866-1360, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, raleighncdentistry.com