Looking for something different to do this week. Get out and check out some of the local musicians play in your area. You might end up finding a new band to follow from now until they hit it big and you can say you were right there at the beginning.
- TODAY on The Gerg Show! It’s a 2 hour special feature of an up and coming band, Airport Impressions, from Malta! Join us all in the station Rock n Chat and get to meet the band! ONLY on www.indiesceneradio.com
- PPRN Presents Olive Tiger, Darlene Brandon & Camilla Ines – Tonight 7 pm to 11pm , Peter Pinho welcomes Olive Tiger to the PPRN studio. Rooted in the folk tradition, Olive Tiger has grown from those origins to incorporate influences from jazz, hip-hop, rock, classical, and electronic music.
Also in the studio is one of the most exciting creative artists in today’s American theater: Darlene Brandon, whose MaPeach Productions is revitalizing the New England theatrical scene. Darlene will be talking about her upcoming production of “The Wiz,” which opens later this month in West Hartford.
Plus, the dynamic Brazilian singer Camilla Ines will be making her U.S. radio debut to premiere her new CD “The Rhythm of Samba.”
And if that’s not enough, comic Peter Angelo makes a return visit to PPRN; “house band” Jonathan Siksay plus Phil Hall will also be on hand tonight. It’s all happening live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – on PPRNLiveRadio.com!
- Fools Rockin Derby Green Derby, Connecticut 06418 – 7 pm to 9pm – Fools on the Hill take the stage on the Derby Green to give you two awesome hours of your favorite Beatle tunes!!! be there!!!
- PPRN Presents Onyx Moonshine, Gracie Day, Joe Carter and Friends – 7 pm to 11 pm – Peter Pinho welcomes Adam von Gootkin, co-founder of Onyx Moonshine, America’s first ultra premium moonshine. Adam is here to talk about his upcoming new book, “Living Proof: Onyx Moonshine’s Journey to Revive the American Spirit,” and to preview the August 29 Secret Stash Beer Bash at Goodwin College in East Hartford, CT.
Also on the show are two of the finest talents in the indie music world: singer/songwriter Gracie Day and Brazilian and Jazz guitarist Joe Carter.
Plus, comedians Kevin Dolan and Kareem Blue stop by to share some laughs. And PPRN crew mates Jonathan Siksay and Phil Hall round out tonight’s slate.
It’s all happening live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – on PPRNLiveRadio.com!
- The “GERG SHOW” every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 – 9PM EDT/EST (-5 GMT), Indie Scene Radio station owner, program director and Host DJ, Gerg Anidem, hosts his LIVE show introducing new independent music artists from around the globe every week! The station streams at 320K for THE BEST audio stream on the internet 24/7/365! Turn it up!
- Pickin’ at The Ives – 6:30 to 10:30 pm Ives Concert Park WCSU Westside Campus, 43 Lake Ave Extension, Danbury, Connecticut. Newtown Savings Bank presents “Pickin’ at the Ives,” featuring Michael Daves and Tony Trischka in an intimate setting with the audience seated on the stage with the artists.
Tickets: $25 VIP, $20 GA, $10 Student, Kids 12 & under free / TBA At Gate
Get tickets at www.eventbrite.com/e/pickin-at-the-ives-bluegrass-tickets-17698390362
- Phoenix rocks Mike’s Porthole Bar and Restaurant – 8 pm to 12 pm 92 New St Oceanside, New York 11572 Phone (516) 608-1380 – Phoenix will be playing all your favorite classic rock songs at Mike’s.
- Siksay At Nikki’s – 9 pm to 2 am – Nikki’s Bar & Grill 2399 Main St, Stratford, Connecticut 06615 – Jonathan Siksay and The Siksay Band will be playing through out the night.
- Rock The Valley, A Day of Music,Art & Family Fun – Nolan Field Wakelee Ave, Ansonia, Connecticut 06401 – A Rock n’ Roll Music Festival with a large crafter/vendor venue, Food Court, Beer Garden, Kids activities with the evening capped off with a wonderful fireworks Display! Admission is only $5 for Adults, Kids 15 and Under FREE! What better way to end your summer than with a day of Music and entertainment. Shop the craft venue and see other interesting things . Relax,set up a picnic, enjoy dinner, sample the Beer…its going to be a great day! This event is open to everybody!
Gates open at 4pm -10:00 pm.
- A Day And Night Of Music – 2:00pm – 11:00pm – Captain’s Cove 1 Bostwick Ave, Bridgeport, Connecticut 06605 – “A Day & Night of Music.” Net proceeds will support education, screening and patient support services through the St. Vincent’s Lebo-DeSantie Center for Liver and Pancreatic Disease. The event will include food and drink specials, a raffle and silent auction. Tickets are $10 and may be purchased at www.SwimAcrossTheSound.org.
- CABOT STREET PUB 2 presents: Crossing Rubicon, Deathbed Strangers, In The Red and Vision Within – Cabot Pub II 66 Cabot St, Chicopee, Massachusetts 01013 Cabot Street Pub 2 is bringing out the best in local Rock: Doors open at 7pm. $5.00 cover
Support the local musicians and venues, get out there and listen to them perform.
If you would like articles like this delivered right to your inbox please subscribe to the author.