A new report published by World Net Daily Wednesday evening says that newly declassified Department of Defense and State Department documents, obtained through the Freedom of Information Act by Judicial Watch, implicate the Obama administration in a cover-up to obscure the role Hillary Clinton and the State Department played in the rise and arming of ISIS. Judicial Watch is a well-known Washington, DC watchdog group headed by attorney Larry Klaymann.
Judicial Watch said in a statement it “obtained more than 100 pages of previously classified ‘Secret’ documents from the Department of Defense and the Department of State revealing that DOD almost immediately reported that the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi was committed by the al-Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood-linked ‘Brigades of the Captive Omar Abdul Rahman’ (BCOAR), and had been planned at least 10 days in advance. Rahman is known as the Blind Sheikh, and is serving life in prison for his involvement in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and other terrorist acts. The new documents also provide the first official confirmation that shows the U.S. government was aware of arms shipments from Benghazi to Syria. The documents also include an August 2012 analysis warning of the rise of ISIS and the predicted failure of the Obama policy of regime change in Syria.”
“These documents are jaw-dropping,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “No wonder we had to file more FOIA lawsuits and wait over two years for them.”
World Net Daily says the “documents further confirm reporting that the goal of the terrorists behind the Benghazi attack that killed Stevens was to force the release of Omar Abdul Rahman, the ‘blind sheik’ in U.S. prison serving a life sentence for his involvement in the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center and to avenge death of a prominent Libyan al-Qaida leader killed by a U.S. drone strike in Pakistan.”
The Defense Department documents confirm for the first time that the Obama administration, including Hillary Clinton, knew that weapons were being shipped from Benghazi to “rebel troops” in Syria.
An October 2012 report confirms that “weapons from the former Libya military stockpiles were shipped from the port of Benghazi, Libya to the Port of Banias and the Port of Borj Islam, Syria. The weapons shipped during late-August 2012 were Sniper rifles, RPG’s, and 125 mm and 155mm howitzers missiles.
During the immediate aftermath of, and following the uncertainty caused by, the downfall of the (Qaddafi) regime in October 2011 and up until early September of 2012, weapons from the former Libya military stockpiles located in Benghazi, Libya were shipped from the port of Benghazi, Libya to the ports of Banias and the Port of Borj Islam, Syria. The Syrian ports were chosen due to the small amount of cargo traffic transiting these two ports. The ships used to transport the weapons were medium-sized and able to hold 10 or less shipping containers of cargo.”
The Defense Intelligence Agency document offers more alarming details:
“The weapons shipped from Syria during late-August 2012 were Sniper rifles, RPG’s and 125mm and 155mm howitzer missiles. The numbers for each weapon were estimated to be: 500 Sniper rifles, 100 RPG launchers with 300 total rounds, and approximately 400 howitzers missiles [200 ea – 125mm and 200ea – 155 mm.]”
The report says the document is “heavily redacted and does not disclose who was shipping the weapons.”
Another DOD document, dated Sept. 12, 2012 says the attack was designed to “to kill as many Americans as possible.” That document was sent to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Obama White House National Security Council.
The document proves that both Hillary Clinton and President Obama knew from the beginning that the attacks were not the result of a YouTube video, but were in fact pre-planned acts carried out by known terrorist groups, and that the attack was directly related to the arms shipments from Benghazi to Syria.
The document says that “the attack was planned ten or more days prior on approximately 01 September 2012. The intention was to attack the consulate and to kill as many Americans as possible to seek revenge for U.S. killing of Aboyahiye (ALALIBY) in Pakistan and in memorial of the 11 September 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center buildings.”
“These documents also point to connection between the collapse in Libya and the ISIS war, and confirm that the U.S. knew remarkable details about the transfer of arms from Benghazi to Syrian jihadists,” Fitton said.
He also said the documents “show that the Benghazi cover-up has continued for years and is only unraveling through our independent lawsuits. The Benghazi scandal just got a whole lot worse for Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.”
It remains to be seen what, if any effect, this will have on Hillary Clinton’s presidential aspirations. Most mainstream media reports are either ignoring or downplaying the new documents, and it’s not likely that anyone on the left is going to turn the heat up on Clinton anytime soon. Hillary has the liberal media eating out of her hand, and like President Obama, she can count on them to run cover for her when any damaging information becomes public.