Michigan owned and operated Emagine Entertainment, Inc. has been expanding rapidly over the past few years, and on Friday, Oct 2, it will open its newest theater: The Emagine Palladium. Of course, it’s not technically a “new” theater, taking the place of the former Palladium Theater that has become an iconic go-to spot over the years. Emagine willl open a brand new movie theatre concept offering an upscale and luxurious movie going experience. Yesterday, the press was invited in for a tour and interviews with some of the key people in charge of breathing new life into this old establishment (View our exclusive interviews and video tour of the new Palladium above).
Emagine Palladium and Ironwood Grill will open to the public on Friday, October 2, on the top floor of the former Palladium Theatre. The new Emagine Palladium theater will be located at 250 North Old Woodward in Birmingham, and hopes to be the premiere movie and dining theater in southeastern Michigan.
“Emagine Palladium has been meticulously designed, following the new Emagine concept for theatres, to provide luxury upscale features and amenities that will raise the bar for out-of-home entertainment in Michigan. This theatre is going to reinvent the movie-going experience for guests by offering platinum memberships with priority seating and numerous amenities, a full service bar, and in-theatre dining like you have never seen before. All guests will be treated to an evening of great food, great drinks and great movies in an incredibly comfortable and intimate environment.” – Paul Glantz, Co-Founder and Chairman of Emagine Entertainment, Inc.
Emagine Palladium has completely converted this former theatre from a typical movie theatre with 2,500 seats on 12 screens to a luxurious viewing experience with large custom designed recliner chairs in 5 screens with a limited seating capacity of 540 seats. With limited seating, this theatre has created the newest concept in movie going: Platinum Membership. While tickets will be available to non-members, four hours before showtime, Platinum Members will have priority access to tickets, dining reservations, and special events. Platinum Members will also enjoy “member pricing” on tickets and our gourmet concession stand.
The theatre is being constructed wholly within the confines of the third floor space of the long standing Palladium theatre, and the transformation will be astonishing.
- Luxurious extra-comfy power recliners.
- A full service cocktail bar with extensive wine and beer selections including local craft brews.
- Restaurant seating options from sofas, high tops, tables and chairs and two stone fireplaces.
- A full service restaurant operated by the culinary artists from Plymouth’s renowned Ironwood Grill.
- Extensive menu options including savory appetizers, mouthwatering entrees, make-your-own hand-crafted pizza, along with a host of other tasty options.
- Coca-Cola Freestyle soda machines including free refills on all size of sodas and frozen carbonated beverages.
- Gourmet Popcorn in a variety of flavors including Michigan’s own, Poppin’ Olive® Popcorn
- Healthy Snacks for Kids.
- 5 intimate stadium-style auditoriums (2 @ 150 seats, 3 @ 80 seats) with huge screens.
- Auditoriums will feature set back front rows so every seat in the house has optimum viewing angles.
- All theatres will be handicapped accessible and equipped with hearing impaired listening devices.
- The ultimate in Digital surround sound and all 4K Sony Digital Cinema projectors.
- Giant in-lobby video boards showing trailers of upcoming films.
Emagine will sell a limited number of Platinum Memberships for a fee of $350 annually. The Platinum Membership is valid for all members of the same household or immediate family of the primary member. The renewal fee for inaugural Platinum Members will never increase. Emagine Platinum Members will enjoy the following amenities:
- Preferred seating rights (exclusively open for Platinum Members to purchase seats up to four hours before show time, at which point the show will become open to the public but Emagine reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to alter the four hour window if necessary).
- The exclusive right to book restaurant reservations at Ironwood Grill and to call ahead to reserve a place in line when there is a waiting list.
- $100 credit issued upon members first visit (valid at any Emagine theatre for movie tickets and all food and beverage items. Expires in one year.)
- The Platinum Membership will attach to a primary member, but all household members may attend with or without the primary member present. Platinum Membership covers one’s entire household / immediate family members.
- Platinum Members may bring up to 9 guests per visit for a total of 10 attendees at any one film (any household member).
- The primary Platinum Member receives both a free movie ticket on his/her birthday and a free entrée at the Ironwood Grill inside either Emagine Palladium or Emagine Royal Oak. (within Birthday Month)
- Inaugural Platinum Members are automatically enrolled in Emagine Extras including concession discounts at all Emagine theatres. Emagine Extras is a new loyalty program offering a variety of discounts and incentives for frequent customers.
- Reduced ticket prices on weekends and holidays.
- Unique loyalty login to website to purchase tickets and reserve seats online before non-members.
- Inaugural Platinum Memberships are locked in at $350 annual membership fee upon renewal.
Platinum Memberships are available now on Emagine’s website or at the Birmingham Farmers market every Sunday.
“From the moment you enter the venue, you will see and feel the difference. We are confident that we are building the movie theatre of the future where guests can reconnect with movies in an environment that is as comfortable as their own living room but with one major improvement: we’ll clean up after them. The movie-goers of Birmingham will be delighted” said Glantz.
Emagine Palladium will create more than 50 new jobs and the facility was designed and built for optimal energy-efficiency.
With the addition of Emagine Palladium, Emagine Entertainment, Inc. will operate 94 movie screens at nine locations throughout southeast Michigan.
Emagine Entertainment social media:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/emaginetheatres / @Emaginetheatres