Each week during the high school sports season the High School Sports Examiner and the Eastern Maine Sports will announce a female and male athlete of the week. You can send your nominations to Marc at email@example.com. When you send your nominations include the athlete, name of the school, stats for the week of the nomination. Here is a full list of past winners.
This week, we had eight female nominations, four from soccer, three from field hockey, and one from cross country. A total of seven different schools were represented. Jenna Clukey from Foxcroft Academy was nominated for the second straight week. Last week, it was a soccer nomination, this week a cross country nomination. Cassidy McLeod has been a key factor in Stearns field hockey starting the season with a 5-3 record, while Kolby Kain and the Dexter Tigers are 6-1. Ali Bourget recorded a hat trick and added two assist in a Foxcroft victory over PCHS. The Ponies are 9-0 and first in the class B standings.
Amy Hallett recorded a hat trick in leading the PVHS Howlers to a girls soccer victory. The Howlers are 6-0 and third in the class D standings. Austin Taylor and the Nokomis Warriors are 5-2. Natalie Hill and the Houlton Shiretowners are 6-1 and have outscored their opponents 34-4. Houlton is only behind Orono in the class C standings. Hallett was named runner up, while Hill is the fourth student/athlete from Houlton high school to be named athlete of the week.
Roadrunner taxi female athlete of the week
- Natalie Hill- Houlton- soccer- had three goals and an assist in win over Schenck. Hill had two goals and one assist in win over Lee Academy. Had Houlton’s only goal in 2-1 loss against #1 Orono. Scored two goals in 4-0 win over Fort Kent. Recorded a hat trick and one assist in 12-1 win over Calais. Hill joins Kyle Bouchard, Kolleen Bouchard, and Jimmy Fitzpatrick as student/athletes from Houlton high school to be named athlete of the week. Kyle Bouchard is a four time winner, while Kolleen Bouchard is a two time winner.
- Amy Hallett- PVHS- soccer- recorded a hat trick and three assists in 10-0 win over Katahdin.
- Jenna Clukey- Foxcroft- cross country- finished 5th overall in meet at Foxcroft against Hermon, John Bapst, Central, and Lee.
- Cassidy McLeod- Stearns- field hockey- scored both goals in 2-0 win over John Bapst.
- Cymeria Robshaw- Penquis- soccer- the freshman had two goals in 3-1 win over Dexter.
- Kolby Kain – Dexter- field hockey- scored two goals in 3-0 win over Mattanawcook.
- Austin Taylor- Nokomis- soccer- had one goal and one assist in 2-0 win over Waterville.
- Ali Bourget- Foxcroft- field hockey- recorded a hat trick and two assists in 6-0 win over PCHS.