Four major independent bookstores in Houston are offering a wide range of book signings and events during September. Look for your favorite authors – local and otherwise – and buy some signed books.
Brazos Bookstore is located at 2421 Bissonnet Street.
Due to limited parking at Brazos Bookstore, they suggest that you arrive for any signing or event early. In order to make sure that they have enough books in stock, please reserve a copy of the book online before the date of the signing.
If you are unable to attend the signing, contact the store at 713-523-0701 or by email and they can arrange to have a book signed for you without your attendance.
- Thursday, September 10 at 7 p.m. – Melissa DeCarlo, The Art of Crash Landing
- Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. – Gregory Smithers, The Cherokee Diaspora: An Indigenous History of Migration, Resettlement, and Identity
- Tuesday, September 15 at 7 p.m. – Andres Neuman, The Things We Don’t Do
- Wednesday, September 16 at 7 p.m. – Buzz Bissinger, Friday Night Lights 25th Anniversary (Please note that while it is free to attend the presentation, in order to have a book signed, you must either purchase one from Brazos Bookstore or pay a $5 event fee.)
- Friday, September 18 at 7 p.m. – Sally Keith, River House
- Saturday, September 19 at 2 p.m. – Paul Goldberger, Building Art: The Life and Work of Frank Gehry
- Tuesday, September 22 at 7 p.m. – E.R. Bills, Black Holocaust: The Paris Horror and a Legacy of Texas Terror
- Thursday, September 24 at 7 p.m. – Pierre Lemaitre, The Great Swindle
- Monday, September 28 at 7 p.m. – Rodrigo Hasbun, Los Afectos
- Tuesday, September 29 at 7 p.m. – Fiston Mwanza Mujila, Tram 83
Murder by the Book is located at 2342 Bissonnet between Kirby and Greenbriar. The author’s reading and presentation is free, but in order to have anything signed by the author, you must purchase the author’s newest book from Murder by the Book.
Signings generally occur after the authors present or do a reading, and the line for signing is by assigned numbers. Chairs are set up 30 minutes before an event, but seating can go quickly. Please be sure to not take the employee parking behind the store; parking is available on the street or within the shopping center.
If you have any questions or cannot attend a signing and wish to order a signed book, you can contact them at 713-524-8597 or by email.
- Friday, September 4 at 6:30 p.m. – Deanna Raybourn, A Curious Beginning, and Anna Lee Huber, A Study in Death
- Wednesday, September 9 at 6:30 p.m. – Reed Farrel Coleman, Robert B. Parker’s The Devil Wins
- Thursday, September 10 at 6:30 p.m. – William S. Kirby, Vienna
- Saturday, September 12 at 4:30 p.m. – Kay Finch, Black Cat Crossing
- Sunday, September 13 at 2 p.m. – Harry Hunsicker, The Grid, and Mark Pryor, Hollow Man
- Monday, September 14 at 6:30 p.m. – Hester Young, The Gates of Evangeline
- Wednesday, September 16 at 6:30 p.m. – Todd Moss, Minute Zero
- Friday, September 18 at 6:30 p.m. – Charles Belfoure, House of Thieves
- Saturday, September 19 at 1:00 p.m. – Lindsay Emory, Sisterhood is Deadly, and Ophelia London, Chalk Lines & Lipstick
- Saturday, September 19 at 4:30 p.m. – Jesse Sublett, 1960’s Austin Gangsters
- Thursday, September 24 at 6:30 p.m. – Tom Abrahams, Allegiance Burned
- Friday, September 25 at 6:30 p.m. – Dianne Mott Davidson, Goldy’s Kitchen Cookbook
- Saturday, September 26 at 1:00 p.m. – Katherine Howe, The Appearance of Annie Van Sinderen
- Saturday, September 26 at 4:30 p.m. – Beth Cato, The Clockwork Crown; Richard Kadrey, Killing Pretty; and Chuck Wendig, Zeroes
- Monday, September 28 at 6:30 p.m. – Martin Walker, Patriarch
Blue Willow Bookshop is located at 14532 Memorial Drive. Please note that you must purchase the author’s book from Blue Willow Bookshop in order to get it signed there. You will also be issued a signing line ticket that indicates your place in the book signing line.
If you have any questions or cannot attend a signing and wish to order a signed book, you can contact them at 281-497-8675.
- Thursday, September 10 at 5:00 p.m. – Patricia Polacco, Tucky Jo and Little Heart
- Sunday, September 13 at 2:00 p.m. – Robin Preiss Glasser, Nancy Clancy: Soccer Mania
- Friday, September 18 at 5:00 p.m. – Eoin Colfer, The Forever Man, and Jonathan Stroud, The Hollow Boy
- Saturday, September 19 at 11:00 a.m. – Audrey and Don Wood, Full Moon at the Napping House
- Saturday, September 19 at 2:00 p.m. – Katherine O’Sullivan, Weavers
- Thursday, September 24 at 7:00 p.m. – Carolyn Mackler, The Infinite in Between
- Friday, September 25 at 6:00 p.m. – Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy
- Monday, September 28 at 5:00 p.m. – Kevin Henkes, Waiting
River Oaks Bookshop is located at 3270 Westheimer at River Oaks in Houston.
If you have any questions or cannot attend a signing and wish to order a signed book, you can contact them at 713-520-0061 or through email.
- Friday, September 4 from 5 to 7 p.m. – R. Gaines Baty, Champion of the Barrio: The Legacy of Coach Buryl Baty
- Tuesday, September 8 from 5 to 7 p.m. – Mark Pople, Rogers Park
- Saturday, September 12 from 3 to 5 p.m. – Katherine O’Sullivan, Rose-Colored Glasses: A Memoir
- Saturday, September 19 from 3 to 5 p.m. – Elina Petrova, Aching Miracle: Poems
- Tuesday, September 22 from 5 to 7 p.m. – Mica Mosbacher, Racing Forward
- Thursday, September 24 from 5 to 7 p.m. – Anjali Duva, Faint Promise of Rain
- Saturday, September 26 from 4 to 6 p.m. – Cathy Dionne, The Empowerment of Self: Inspiring You Through Hidden Knowledge