There are a lot of new things fresh on the horizon at MAGIC. This month MAGIC is gearing up for the annual marketplace event happening on August 17th to August 19th at the Las Vegas Convention Center. MAGIC will present an eclectic convention of fashion’s top brands while introducing a few new changes. On display will be the latest in apparel, footwear and accessories from both established and emerging brands. Here is a sneak peek of what to expect…
* CELEBRITIES HEAD TO VEGAS
- Meet actress, singer and rising shoe designer, Zendaya as she debuts her brand new shoe collection, Daya, at FN PLATFORM. VIP Meet and greet is by invitation only – Monday, August 17th from 4pm to 6pm, Booth #80324 at FN PLATFORM.
- Join FN PLATFORM for an exciting opening night with Big Bad Voodoo Daddy! The opening night performance will take place from 6pm to 7pm on Monday, August 17th in the FN café.
- Meet with Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi as she debuts her newest collection for SnookiLove by Double Zero in Juniors. Tuesday, August 18th at 12pm, Booth #72801 at WWDMAGIC.
*TREND CHATS AT WWD SOCIAL HOUSE
- Christopher Kim, Market Editor of Yahoo! Style and Alex Badia, Fashion Editor of WWD will be on-site for: WWD SOCIAL HOUSE – “He Said/He Said” – a conversation between Christopher Kim, Market Editor, Yahoo! Style and Alex Badia, Fashion Editor, WWD/Fashion Director, M MAGAZINE.
*NEW BRANDS ARRIVE
A few highly anticipated launches include:
- Renowned blogger, Emily Schuman, will launch her Cupcakes and Cashmere Collection, at WWDMAGIC on The Concourse. Emily herself will be on-site to do a meet & greet on Monday, August 17th as well as a Q&A in the WWD Social House.
- 17-year-old fashion prodigy, Madison Nicole Robinson, will debut her newest collection for FishFlops in partnership with BBC International. The young designer will be on-site to introduce the latest styles on Monday, August 17th and Tuesday, August 18th in FN PLATFORM, Booth #80354.
- Molly Bracken comes stateside! The famed contemporary European brand will launch its collections for the first time in the United States inside WWDMAGIC.
- Mandy Chang, USA, winner of the Independent Handbag Designer Awards (IHDA), will debut her collection for the first time in the Accessories section of WWDMAGIC.
Enjoy the below daily events taking place at LVCC:
- Pamper yourself with GlamSquad at WSA@MAGIC. The team of on-site stylists will offer complimentary 10-minute hair touchups/blow outs or 10-minute make-up refreshes on the WSA@MAGIC show floor, each day of the show.
- Get snapped at Footwear News’s special photo booth in honor of their 70th Anniversary. The booth will be at the entrance of FN PLATFORM; photos will be instantly emailed to users to share on social media and printed to take home.
In other related news, MAGIC recently announced the launch of the signature clothing collection by famed blogger Emily Schuman, Founder of Cupcakes & Cashmere. The launch will debut at MAGIC in Las Vegas and the collection will e sold at Nordstrom and ShopBop stores exclusively. For more info, visit: www.magiconline.com
* Information sourced and provided by MAGIC