Friday Sporting Kansas City takes on Dallas at Sporting Park in Kansas City, Kansas. Fiesta Italiana runs Friday through Sunday at Zona Rosa. The Kansas City Symphony visits the Kauffman Center with “Zukerman, Geller, Beethoven and Bach” Friday through Sunday. The Prairie Village Art Show run through the weekend at the Village Shops. The Kansas City Museum hosts the Kansas City Microbrews and BBQ Festival on Saturday. Rockfest takes over Penn Valley Park on Saturday. The Blacklight Run and Color Run on Saturday at Cricket Wireless and Arrowhead Stadium.
Theater May 29 through May 31:
- Barn Players: 6219 Martway, Mission, “Six Degrees of Separation,” closes June 14.
- Buffalo Room: 817 Westport Rd., “Down the Road,” closes June 1.
- Chestnut Fine Arts Center: 234 N. Chestnut, Olathe, “Church Basement Ladies,” closes June 28.
- Goppert Theatre: Avila College, “MotherFreakingHood!, “closes June 14.
- Hotel Phillips: 106 W. 12, “The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Show,” closes Oct. 10.
- Living Room Theater: 1818 McGee, “On an Average Day,” closes June 28.
- Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre: 3614 Main, “The Full Monty,” closes June 14.
- Missie B’s: 805 W. 39, “The Birds,” closes June 6.
- Mystery Train Dinner Theater: Various locations, “Hold Up on Dead Man’s Creek,” closes June 13.
- New Theater Restaurant: 9229 Foster, Overland Park, “Hairspray,” closes July 12.
- Quality Hill Playhouse: 303 W. 10, “Judy, Barbara, Liza,” closes June 28.
- White Theatre: 5801 W. 115, Overland Park, “Shylock,” closes May 31.
Aftershock Bar is located at 5244 Merriam Dr. in Merriam, Kan. Friday night at 7 p.m. The club features Stratgazer Entertainment Presents: Staydes, Aureate, Fair Weather Criminals, By This Time Tomorrow, Lonely Product, Mobs, and Weinerhaven. Doors open at 6 p.m. and a $7 cover with a minor upcharge at the door.
Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club is located just south of downtown at 3402 Main in Kansas City. On Friday night at 10 p.m. The Author & The Illustrator with String & Return take the stage with a $7 cover charge. Saturday night the club presents Instant karma, Sharp Weapons, Sister of (CD release), and David Hasselhoff on Acid at 8 p.m.
Kelly’s Westport Inn located at 500 Westport Road, in the Westport Entertainment District. Friday the club will feature on stage Twice on Sundays on the stage at 10 p.m. At 10 p.m. on Saturday night, Old No. 5’s takes the main stage. Kelly’s Westport Inn has an outdoor dining and drinking area located on the rooftop of the business.
The Record Bar is located at 1020 Westport Road in the Westport Entertainment District. Friday night the club presents The Doo Dads at 6 p.m. and at 9:30 p.m., My Brothers & Sisters, Various Blonde, and Drew Black and the Dirty Electric. On Saturday at 6 p.m., the club features a Private Party, and at 9:45 p.m., Houndmouth takes the stage.
The Riot Room is located just north of Westport Rd. and Broadway at 4048 Broadway. On Friday at 7 p.m., ShamelessKC Presents: The Popper Joey Cool, Dutch Newman, FSP, and Alv Diesel and at 8 p.m., Aaron Kamm and the One Drops, The Tektites, Seedlove, Crate 2 Crate, and Sound System take the stage. At 10 p.m. Danfestopia & Digital Hearts Present: Mayhem, DeeJay Spinstyles, Nmezee, and Matej B. Saturday at 9 p.m. The Riot Room with WKC Music Presents: Nappy Roots with Grooms & Katie and Rocky Young.
The Uptown Arts Bar is located at 3611 Broadway in the Valentine Shopping District. On Friday, at 7 p.m. the club features the Meet the Artist! Gallery Closing Show and at 9 p.m. Juxtapose: DJ House/Techno with kctechno.com. On Saturday at 12 p.m., the club hosts Improv classes with Chess with a Death, at 7 p.m. the club features 1001 Arabian Nights: Belly Dance and Beyond and at 9:30 p.m. the club presents KC Cabaret Variety Show.