The news is cram-packed with negative news about obesity and its dangers. Well here’s some good news. I’ve lost 100 pounds using drug-free, non-surgical methods I came up with through trial and error. You can too. Here are 10 easy tips that to lose 10 pounds quick. So you need to lose more than 10 pounds? Keep reading and you’ll learn how. Even making just one of these changes will help you lose.
* Grow your meals, shrink your body. Garden a menu of antioxidant-rich, fat-burning vegetables: lettuce, peppers, squash, pumpkins, zucchini, strawberries, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, onions, tomatoes, kale and spinach. Working in the garden, you get exercise, fresh air and a mood lift. Use chemical-free, organic soil and treatments.
* Work that summer bounty. Summer is the perfect time to diet. We’re already eating lighter and fresher. Make vegetable soup from your harvest. Chop veggies and saute in non-stick olive oil cooking spray. Add water, garlic, sea salt, cracked pepper, celery seed, bay, smoky chipotle and simmer. Freeze and can for year-round summer-fresh meals.
* Take natural diet supplements and appetite suppressants. I take acai, raspberry ketones, garcinia cambogia, green tea, apple cider vinegar, vitamin D, coconut oil and cinnamon.
* Quit drinking soda pop, even diet. Switch to fat-burning lemon water. Add lemon wedge water glass or bottle. Drink iced green sun tea. Put five tea bags in a glass jug. Set in the sun. Remove bags and refrigerate.
* Change your meal schedule. Eat five to six small 200-300 calorie meals and snacks. Eat within an hour of rising. Make lunch your biggest meal. Don’t eat right up till bedtime.
* Drop sugar-based carbohydrates for fiber-rich, high-protein carbs. Eat plain oatmeal (sweetened with berries), whole grains, almonds or almond butter and milled flax seed.
* Trade dairy. Eat light cheese, fat-free milk, almond milk, cashew milk and plain, nonfat Greek yogurt.
* Swap bad fat (saturated, transfat, animal-based) for good fat</b>. Eat foods rich in MUFAs (monounsaturated fatty acids), like fish, Take krill oil, coconut oil. flaxseed oil and CLA (conjugated linolenic acid). These contains omega-3 fatty acids–DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (elcospentaenoic acid)–like regular fish oil, plus omega 5,7,9 and 11 and astaxanthin (anti-inflammatory).
* Start a simple exercise routine. Walk the dog. Do 15 minutes of yoga. Take the kids to the beach or playground. Swim and play with them. Ride your bike. Walk with your significant other and recap the day.
* Sleep better. I put on 100 pounds partially because of untreated sleep apnea. Root out and fix sleep problems. Get help for what you can fix alone. Diet and exercise are easier when you’re rested and darn near impossible when you’re not.
* Keep goals manageable. So what if you need to lose 20, 50 or 300 pounds? Start by praising yourself for whatever you do lose. Quit auto-shaming. You didn’t get fat overnight. Give it time. You probably had issues that caused caused weight gain. Find out what they are and fix those. Focus on progress and keep working it.
The last is a bonus tip. But probably the most important of all. Be kind to yourself. Heal that negative self-image. Then you’ll have willpower and sustainability to get those pounds off. Follow my weight loss blog My Diet Digest here. Follow my Great Food 4u blog for diet recipes.