It might be the black and white silent film featuring Charlie Chaplin playing that first catches your eye, or the tufted black leather booths, leather bound menus or exposed brick walls, but what should really grab your attention is the wine and cocktail menus at The Beverly.
The Beverly, which opened in September 2014 has just launched their new summer cocktail menu. With a speakeasy feel The Beverly gives its patrons a sophisticated experience that is service driven with well-crafted cocktails at the center. The menu is divided between “classics” and “modern” drinks. The classics are rooted in history and nostalgia and feature major spirits – cognac, rye, rum, and gin. The modern drinks allow the well-trained and experienced bartenders to experiment with rare alcohols and ingredients such as peach infused whiskey, lychee liqueur and house-made chili-lime salt. The Beverly prides itself on its use of fresh squeezed citrus juices, unique bitters, and an exclusive collection of spirits that no other bar in town has on-hand.
Each cocktail listed on the new summer menu has been tested, built and created with attention to detail and care. Often drinks go through several iterations before they are perfected and land on the menu. “We wanted the summer menu to be balanced and approachable yet, we also wanted to showcase a wide range of spirits. We craft each and every cocktail with the same amount of precision and attention to detail,” said Chris Hardin, General Manager of The Beverly.
The names of the cocktails are also sharp; most are based off of books, musicals, song titles and pop culture. Three highlights from the new spring menu are:
- Heart of the Sun – St. George Green Chile Vodka, Yellow Chartreuse, AZ Sunshine Bitters, Mango Nectar Syrup. This shaken martini is complex and balanced with bright, fresh, seasonal flavors. The Southwest served as the inspiration for the flavors this cocktail showcases.
- Chim Chimney Chareau – Hendricks Gin, Chareau, Tomato Water, Cracked Black Pepper, Lime, Mint. This is the “coolest” drink on the menu. The Chareau is an aloe vera liquor that brings cucumber and muskmelon flavors to this cocktail.
- Off the classics, the Vieux Carre – Sazerac Rye, Carpano Antica, Remy VSOP, Benedictine, Angostura, Peychaud’s Bitters. This cocktail named after the French Quarter in New Orleans, where it was invented, is well balanced and smooth.
And while they have more traditional names, the wine menu is just as spectacular, including:
- Capasaldo Pinot Grigio
- Jules Taylor Gruner Veltliner
- Chassagne Montrachet
- Wente Cabernet Sauvignon
- Domaine Drouhin Pinot Noir
- The Crusher Merlot
- Rotari Rosè
- Gruet Rosè
About The Beverly:
The Beverly takes pride in delivering a bar experience that evokes memories of yesteryear. With cozy couches and spacious booths, our seating is comfortable and catered to your relaxation. Grab a seat at our bar, and the highly trained bar staff will walk you through a whisky selection with over 100 different options from around the globe. We also offer a wide range of spirits that will satisfy even the most distinguished aficionado’s curiosity. If cocktails are your fancy, then try a drink from our diverse cocktail menu that features both modern and classic craft cocktails. Our skilled kitchen serves a variety of food offerings that range from light to savory. We are even serving food late night to stave off those midnight cravings. Stop in today to see Scottsdale’s best kept sophisticated secret, The Beverly.