Without support the local music scene is suffering, please take the time out to go see a local band play. The local musicians put on a great show no matter what is happening around them. They are not Diva’s like some of the more popular musicians, they will put on the same show if there are 10 people in the audience or 20,000 people. They are the true entertainers in the industry.
The local venues need the support also, without them opening their doors to the musicians there would be no $5.00 cover charges for 10 bands playing, great food and drink prices, most of all there would be no place to go see these talented musicians play. Take the chance on seeing a great show, having some great food and drinks and meeting a musician that someday will be performing in front of thousands of people.
Monday September 28, 2015
- Kindred Queer, Sam Carlson, Drew Angus, Clenn Planetts at Cafe Nine – 8 pm – 250 State St, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Tuesday September 29, 2015
- PPRN Presents Bob Backlund, Nick Wright, Robert C. Fullerton & Glenn Roth – 7 pm – Peter Pinho welcomes a legend in pro wrestling, a super-jacked YouTube star and a pair of deeply talented singer/songwriters to the PPRN line-up.
Bob Backlund is, quite simply, one of the greatest figures in the history of professional wrestling. Tonight, he comes to PPRN to talk about his new autobiography, “Backlund: From All-American Boy to Professional Wrestling’s World Champion.”
Nearly a decade ago, Nick Wright was a teenager who posted videos of his weight training regimen online. Today, he is one of the most of popular stars of YouTube, and his videos have generated more than 41million views. Tonight, he shares the secret of his YouTube success.
And in the musical spotlight, Robert C. Fullerton returns to PPRN with more of his original music. And making his PPRN debut is the sublime musical talent Glenn Roth.
All this, plus PPRN’s house band Jonathan Siksay and the corybantic Phil Hall. It’s all live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – on PPRNLiveRadio.com!
- Oddball Entertainment Presents Krar Collective – 8 pm at Cafe Nine 250 State St, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Wednesday September 30, 2015
- PPRN Presents 9’R & Shane Cariffe – 7 pm Peter Pinho welcomes the band 9’R (pronounced “niner”) to the show. Promising “classic rock the way it should be heard,” 9’R consists of Valerie Machnics on vocals, Bobby Civitello on guitar, Peter Laurino on bass and Travis LaRowe on drums.
Also on the show is Shane Cariffe, the singer/comedian who is attempting for the second time to make his PPRN debut – his first attempt was postponed when his car broke down en route to the studio!
Plus, the PPRN family of comic Peter Angelo, singer/songwriter Jonathan Siksay and the potentially infectious Phil Hall are on hand. It’s all live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – at PPRNLiveRadio.com!
- Evan Parker, Ned Rothenberg, Joe Morris, Brad Barrett at Cafe Nine 8 pm 250 State St, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Thursday October 1, 2015
- Upstart Festival at Cafe Nine – 8 pm – 250 State St, New Haven, Connecticut 06510 – Get tickets: The Northeast’s Biggest And Best Punk Rock Party !
Friday October 2, 2015
- Nick Brann LIVE @ Captain Bly’s Buckfield, ME “Where It’s At” – 7 pm – Captain Bly’s Tavern 371 Turner St, Buckfield, Maine 04220 – Nick Brann playing his original modern country and some covers live at Captain Bly’s with a great, well known and awesome to see group called “Two Other Guys”
You can check out Nick Brann’s music and page for upcoming shows and music at: facebook.com/nickbrannofficial
Queen Moo, Standby, Oh Malô, Cheem, Beans – 7 pm – at The Space 295 Treadwell St, Hamden, Connecticut 06514 – $8 adv, $10 cover – tickets available for purchase .
Spirit Shaker Rocks Cook’s Cafe- Mark Cook’s birthday bash!! – 9:30 pm Cook’s Cafe – Set your GPS for 203 Church St Naugatuck and come celebrate Mark Cook’s birthday with Spirit Shaker! This is gonna be a whopper so be sure to stop by and party with them !!
Saturday October 3, 2015
- Smoke in the Valley – Craft Beer + Music Festival – noon to 6 pm – Seymour Community Center 20 Pine St, Seymour, Connecticut 06483 – Smoke in the Valley – CT’s largest Craft Beer Fest returns with More Music…More Beer and the First Ever Food Truck Challenge! Featuring music from John Brown’s Body, Pimp’s of Joytime, Hubinger Street in addition to 70+ Breweries pouring over 300 Beers! Advance tickets on sale now for $45!
- RollingRock Concert Series (METAL SHOW) at the Skybox – 6 pm Skybox Bar and Grill 212 Brown St, Westbrook, Maine 04092 – Spectrobot , Last Ones Alive, Saturns Return, Purging Sin, My Frequency and more TBA! Doors 6 pm, 21+ NO COVER!
- Triad Jazz Guitar Trio – 7 pm – Cafe Mozart – 308 Mamaroneck Ave, Mamaroneck, New York 10543 – A cozy, intimate cafe, this coffee shop and restaurant is open late, making it ideal for a relaxing night out. In addition to lattes, pies and dinner entrees, Cafe Mozart serves up jazz from local musicians.
- COOK’S BIRTHDAY DAMMIT!!! – 7:30 pm Cook’s Cafe 203 Church St, Naugatuck, Connecticut 06770 – Mark Cook’s Birthday weekend, plus celebrating the 17th year anniversary of Cook’s cafe!
930-1005 Eye of Anubis
1230- close Kaos Reign
For 17 years, Cook’s Cafe has been a staple in the local music community, one of the select few locations in Connecticut that has been a “go to” spot for Original music. On this night, we’re raising our glasses in recognition of the House that Mark built as well as the man that started it all…
(Stock up on Jager Mark!!!)
- Siskay Band at the Old Road House – 8 pm – The Old Roadhouse 36 BANK STREET, New London, Connecticut 06320 – Siksay will be playing at the old road house in New London, They will be doing originals such at “Never wanna see you cry”, “Wear what you wore last night”, “Howling at the moon” and “Tennessee Whiskey”
covers by The Doors, The Outfield, Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, Blake Shelton, Blink 182, Green Day, Maroon 5, Jason Derulo, and even Eminem and Skylar Grey.
If you would like articles like this delivered to your inbox please subscribe to the author.