Today the first day of Autumn brings a chill in the air, the leaves are starting to change colors and the Octoberfests are starting up, the perfect time to get out and listen to some great local musicians. The musicians are passionate about their music and they continue to perform, the best way you can show your support is by getting out there to listen to them.
The venues need your support also. Where can you go and see great bands perform for a $5.00 or $10.00 cover charge, with great food and drinks served through out the night. If we don’t support them, they will slowly disappear from the scene and the future generations will never know what it is like to be part of the music world.
Thursday September 24, 2015
- PPRN Presents Joe Carabase, Irwen the Artist Band, Rob Tromp, Jason Gerrish & Emma Henning 7 pm – Tonight, Peter Pinho welcomes Joe Carabase to the PPRN studio. As the creator and owner of the fitness company called m.e.l.t. Fitness Studio, Joe has become recognized as one of today’s most successful exercise and wellness coaches. You may have seen Joe on TV, in magazines or online sites – but tonight, he is in the PPRN spotlight.
And returning to PPRN is one of the most distinctive musical talents around: Irwen the Artist Band. His unique brand of music and infectious raconteur style make this one-man band an act that is in a class by itself.
And also: actor and comic Rob Tromp stops by to talk about his career in American and Chinese movie and stage productions – including a stint playing Scrooge in a Shanghai theater offering of “A Christmas Carol.”
Furthermore, our country music pal Jason Gerrish is coming back for another go-round of Nashville-tinged tunes. And singer-songwriter Emma Henning stops by the share her latest music.
Plus, singer/songwriter Jonathan Siksay plugs in his guitar for more acoustic treats and Phil Hall takes up space. All of this – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – at PPRNLiveRadio.com!
- Kim Lenz & The Jaguars, Reach Around Rodeo Clowns with Special Guest Liberty Devitto, The Skelekasters, and The Brothers – 7 pm at The Bowery Electric 327 Bowery, New York, New York 10003
Kim Lenz & the Jaguars
Reach Around Rodeo Clowns w/ Special Guest Liberty Devitto (Drummer for Billy Joel)
The Skelekasters w/ Steve Krebs
$8 advance | $10 day of show, Tickets available
Friday September 25, 2015
A fundraiser to help a venue stay open.
- NJ ROCK EXPO!!!! – 7:30 pm at the Baker Theatre 41 West Blackwell St, Dover, New Jersey 07801 – $10.00 Donation!!! Come out and support these bands and help keep the Baker Theatre ALIVE!!! 5 New Jersey bands for a great cause!!! You can get discount tickets. by calling 201-841-3242 Portions will help refurbish The Baker. The Test Band, Crash NY, Trapped in the Shadows, Castle, and Hungry for Alcohol will be performing through out the night.
- Cherry Street Station 491 N Cherry St Ext, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492 – 8 pm doors open : 9:30-9:45 Decaying in Decades, 10-10:45 Infested Prophecy, 11-11:45 Speak Well Of The Dead, 12-Close She Walks Without Legs.
Cover charge $5 21+
- Posidemic ‘Ntertainment Presents: “Back To School Bash” – 8 pm to 1:30 am Cook’s Cafe 203 Church St, Naugatuck, Connecticut 06770 – Join us on Friday – September 25th, 2015 for our first ever “Back To School Bash” at Cook’s Cafe in Naugatuck, CT!
Tickets are only $5, but you can get in free if you come dressed as a school girl, teacher, or librarian!
I within I
Risk All In Life
Whiskey and the Martyr
and Deathbed Strangers
This is a 21+ show!
Jonathan Siksay band at Main Street Tavern – 9 pm to 1 am 1884 Main St, Stratford, Connecticut 06615 – Jonathan Siksay band will be playing originals such as howling at the moon
Never wanna see you cry
Tennessee whiskey and more
Florida Georgia line
Blake Shelton and more.
Jonathan Siksay on vocals and acoustic
Robert Rossetti on drums
Diana themyscira on bass guitar
DARIK AND THE FUNBAGS at 10 pm Shamrock Pub and Grill 210 Meadow St, Waterbury, Connecticut 06702
Saturday September 26, 2015
- OKTOBER FEAST – Ives Concert Park WCSU Westside Campus, 43 Lake Ave Extension, Danbury, Connecticut 2 pm to 8 pm – Ives Concert Park will hold its first annual Oktober Feast this September! Featuring the best in German food, drink and seasonal beers. Attendees will indulge in traditional German live music from the Apple Strudel Band (performing two sets), Big Takeover, Alpaca Gnomes and Bella’s Bartok! There also will be food trucks, a waffle-eating contest, Das Boot Olympics, kids’ pumpkin carving an antique German Car Show and more.
GA Advance $15
GA Students $10
$20 at the Gate
“PHOENIX ” – 4 pm to 7 pm at The Cabana 1034 W Beech St, Long Beach, New York 11561, Long Beach Long Island, Great food, great atmosphere, and the owners would love to pack the place with great people.
Doing the best of classic rock, a show you don’t want to miss, Phoenix would like to thank everyone for all of your support, this will be their last show down in Long Beach in 2015.
- West Haven Applefest and The Fools on the Hill will be playing at 4:00 pm – West Haven Green Campbell Ave, West Haven, Connecticut 06516
- The Red Door , Watertown CT Presents Screamin Eagle Band – 9 pm to 1 am – The Red Door 675 Main St, Watertown, Connecticut 06795
- The Characters 9 pm at the Firehouse Eatery and Pub 455 St George Ave, Rahway, New Jersey 07065
- WRATHCHILD @ Cook’s Cafe 203 Church St, Naugatuck, Connecticut 06770 10 pm to 1 am – WRATHCHILD Iron Maiden tribute returns to Cooks Café Saturday September 26th for a full night of Maiden music and a celebration of another new Maiden album. 35 years and still going strong. We will be covering a wide variety of material and a few non tribute surprises. Please come join the party Sat. 9/26 !
Sunday September 27, 2015
- “Fall Free Concert” at Parmelee Farm – 4 pm to 7 pm Parmelee Farm 465 Route 81, Killingworth, Connecticut 06419 The Meadows Brothers, Hannah Fair with The North End Honeys, and Joe Bouchard with Joan Levy Hepburn, are returning again this year to Parmelee Farm, for our one and only concert of 2015. This is a concert NOT TO BE MISSED!!!
If you saw them here last year, they’re even better this year!!!!!
Bring your picnic basket, blanket, and lawn chairs, for a relaxing, music filled, afternoon on the beautiful grounds of Parmelee Farm.
If you would like articles like this delivered right to your inbox please subscribe to the author.