Kim Zolciak is done on “Dancing With Stars.” On Monday night’s live show, “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” alum was told that she must withdraw from the celebrity ballroom competition after missing her performance due to doctor’s orders. While it’s not a total shock that Zolciak won’t continue to compete on the show after her recent serious health scare, according to a report from TMZ on Sept. 28, the Bravo star was blindsided by producers’ decision to boot her from the show.
Kim Zolciak suffered a mini-stoke (TIA) last week and spent several days in the hospital. After she returned to her Atlanta home, the 37-year-old reality star felt good enough to rehearse her TV Icons-themed dance with pro partner Tony Dovolani. But when it came time for Monday night’s show, Zolciak’s doctors told her she was not allowed to fly to Los Angeles. Dovolani performed the couple’s “I Dream of Jeanie” inspired dance with “DWTS” troupe member Jenna Johnson.
Kim Zolciak appeared live via Skype to give a health update to “DWTS” fans, and that’s when host Tom Bergeron delivered the news that she would have to be cut from the show because she missed a performance. Bergeron reiterated that rules are rules, and that ABC’s legal team was laying down the law. Interestingly, when Dovolani’s “DWTS: All-Stars” partner Melissa Rycroft injured herself and missed a live performance, the “DWTS” judges used video of her practice session to score her.
A message posted to the official “DWTS” Twitter page stated: “The rules of the competition dictate that @Kimzolciak must withdraw, but her health is the most important thing. #DWTS.” Still, both Kim Zolciak and Tony Dovolani took to social media to express their frustration over the decision. Zolciak retweeted several followers’ comments about how past contestants were judged on rehearsal footage, and Dovolani went so far as to issue a campaign to bring Kim back to the show.