The big day is finally here! After months of anticipation, the scariest holiday of the entire year is here! It’s Halloween, and getting your human and non-human guests into the Halloween “spirit” is easy with just the right beverage.
You’ll need a few defrightful drinks and creepy cocktails to serve to all those thirsty ghosts, ghouls and goblins. Whether you are planning a bewitching bash or intimate get-together, the following show-stopping recipes are guaranteed to send great big chills up and down your ghoulish guests’ spines – if they have one, that is. Get out the witches cauldron and get ready to get creeped out.
10 Killer Halloween Drinks to Die For
Howl at the Blood Moon
- 1 oz. Amaro Lucano
- 1 oz. Sweet Vermouth (La Quintinye Vermouth Royal)
- Soda water
Directions: Add first two ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake. Strain in to cocktail glass, top with soda water.
The Green Gremlin
- 1 oz. G’Vine Nouaison Gin
- .5 oz. blue curacao liqueur
- .5 oz. white creme de cacao liqueur
- 1.5 oz. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 egg white
Directions: Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and dry shake (no ice) vigorously for one minute. Add a few cubes of ice and shake again for 30 seconds and strain in to cocktail glass.
- 2.0 oz elit by Stolichnaya
- 1.0 oz Apple Cider
- 0.25 oz fresh lemon juice
- 0.75 oz Allspice Spiked Agave*
Directions: Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into an ice filled highball or double rocks glass. *To make Allspice Agave: take 1 cup agave nectar and add 1/2 cup all spice powder. Mix until blended.
Hot Pumpkin Tequila Toddy
- 2 parts Sauza Blue Reposado 100% Agave Tequila
- ½ part DeKuyper Mixologist Collection Ginger
- 6 parts apple cider
- ½ part real pumpkin puree
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lemon sliced into wheels
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Dash of fresh ground nutmeg
Directions: In a non-reactive sauce pan, combine all ingredients except the whipped cream and heat just until steam rises then lower heat to keep warm. To serve, ladle into coffee mugs, top with whipped cream and dust with fresh ground nutmeg.
Candy Apple Margarita
- 1 ½ parts Sauza Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
- ½ part DeKuyper Hot Damn! Cinnamon Schnapps Liqueur
- 1 part lime sour
- 1 part candy apple soda
- 1 lime wedge
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lime wedge.
- 1 part Skinnygirl Bare Naked Vodka
- 1 part chilled light beer
- 2 parts raspberry lemonade concentrate
- Apple slice
Directions: Mix all ingredients over ice and serve. Garnish with apple slice.
- 2 parts Skinnygirl Tangerine Vodka
- 1 part fresh blood orange juice
- Candy corn for garnish (optional)
Directions: Combine blood orange juice and vodka in an ice shaker. Strain and pour into a frosted martini glass. Optional: garnish with candy corn.
Hornitos Black Barrel Cider
- 1 ½ parts Hornitos Black Barrel Tequila
- ¾ part apple cider
- ¾ part cinnamon syrup *
- 1 part lemon juice
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 2 parts water
Directions: Combine all ingredients together and serve. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and an apple wedge. Can be served hot or cold. *Cinnamon Syrup: Mix together 1 part sugar, 1 part water and 4 crushed cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil (approximately 1-2 minutes). Once cooled down, strain into a glass.
Brain Hemorrhage courtesy Ktchn Restaurant in Hells Kitchen
- 1 oz. of peach schnapps
- 1 tsp. of chilled baileys
- Splash of grenadine
Directions: Pour 1 oz. of peach schnapps into a shot glass. Then add 1 tsp. of chilled baileys slowly and you will see it start to curdle. Finish it off with a splash of chilled grenadine for a bloody effect. Cheers!
- 2 oz. Usquaebach Premium Reserve
- .75 oz. Sweet Vermouth (La Quintinye Vermouth Royal)
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
Directions: Add ingredients to a mixing glass and fill with ice. Stir and strain in to cocktail glass.