When Banfield Pet Hospital sent out a call to action request for stories about Pet Hero’s, they scored when Robby Novak, aka Kid President, sent them his story about his pet hero, Annie. Annie is a mixed Papillon that was waiting for her forever home at a local shelter.
Kid President immediately sent Banfield his story on how his Pet Hero changed his life. Both Kid President and Annie’s life would never be the same when their eyes met at the shelter. Robby has osteogenesis imperfecta, which causes his bones to be very brittle and with over 13 surgeries and 70 broken bones, but always has a smile on his face. Annie can say Robby is her Human Hero too.
Annie is making her public debut with her hero today on YouTube. Kid President explains his quest for a companion in his presidential “fireside chat”. Taking questions from of his fans and Banfield Pet Hospital, he answers the questions, “Do you have any pets?” and “Do you have any hero’s?” Kid President goes into a delightful song and introduces the world to Annie.
National Pet Awareness Month was created to bring awareness to the important contributions animals make to our lives. This month, shelters and many veterinarians, such as Banfield, are promoting ways of keeping your pet healthy, happy and living a long life.The benefits of preventive healthcare is very important for the animals as well as their adopters. Pets bring a very important role for many humans; one such role is that of a service dog for the seeing impaired. So it’s imperative to get yearly health screenings for your four legged best friend.
As Kid President will tell you, pets bring unconditional love and unspoken support. He explains how Annie was there to comfort him during times of pain and how she would brighten his day. They have become inseparable and in his chat he explains with an infectious spirit how she is his hero.
Kid President proclaims Life Lessons He Learned from Annie:
- Always be excited to see people you love when they get home.
- Stomp in circles on your bed before laying down for a nap.
- It’s okay if your nose is wet and you smell a little funky sometimes.
- Don’t hold grudges, Annie forgets everything I try to teach her. So she probably forgets when I get mad at her too!
- Take time to play and run around. Life is supposed to be fun!
- Snuggles can change the world.
- Sometimes, breaking the rules is better than getting a treat.
- Use your best judgment; some people deserve to be smelled/checked out first.
- Eat whatever you find on the floor. (This is something he has actually learned NOT to do.)
- Jump for joy and celebrate the moment.
Let’s join with the world largest veterinarian practice, Banfield Pet Hospital, and Kid President along with his VIP (very important pup) by getting the word out about National Pet Awareness Month and sharing their video. He will explain why not all hero’s have capes but some actually have tails. It will bring a smile to your heart.