In light of scandal, Josh Duggar canceled an appearance at a home schooling event in Sandusky, Ohio, this week. The “19 Kids and Counting” star on TLC recently admitted that he had inappropriately touched a young girl when he was a teenager, shocking many devoted followers of the popular Christian show. CBS News shares the latest details surrounding the child molestation scandal and the 27-year-old Duggar this Monday, May 25, 2015, adding that it may even lead to the end of the series.
The world was shocked when the truth about Honey Boo Boo family molestation case was brought to the public forefront just a few short months ago, and television viewers everywhere are once again reeling from this latest revelation. A father of three children, Josh Duggar has decided to cancel his upcoming scheduled showing at a home schooling convention, saying his presence would likely turn into a major “distraction” for attendees. The planners of the event understood his decision, and applauded the Duggar family for the way they are dealing with the difficult situation.
Although there were rumors about Josh’s improper behavior in the past, it seems that “19 Kids and Counting” family patriarchs Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar have been aware of their son’s issue for many years now. Back in 2002, the Duggar boy – who was only 14 years old at the time — admitted he had inappropriate contact with a young girl, who was also a minor at the time. A total of five girls were reportedly touched by Josh during his time as a teenager, and the young man was said to have undergone counseling.
The child molestation scandal has resulted in a number of viewers dropping the popular TLC show earlier this May, but some news outlets are wondering this week whether the “19 Kids and Counting” series will ultimately be canceled, too. Others are speculating that it may just be Josh Duggar who will be cut. According to US Magazine, show executives are seriously considering the latter option, as the primary draw of the show appears to be the Duggar women, not Josh specifically. Nonetheless, Josh’s pregnant wife, Anna Duggar, and his two conservative parents are standing by him through this harrowing period. It is noteworthy, however, that the couple’s official website together, chronicling their lives, family values, experiences, and love story, was taken down from the Internet this Memorial Day weekend.
Prior to Josh Duggar canceling the event, he took to Facebook to share a message on the social media site for fans. Thousands of likes and comments have since been shared with the viral post. “Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends,” he said in a lengthy statement. “We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life.”
Following the accusations and the scandal against Josh Duggar ringing true, TLC has had “19 Kids and Counting” pulled from the air. Arkansas police have also allegedly destroyed records that once contained information regarding the claims set against the now 27-year-old father, which has only further raised suspicions about the case. In the interim, Josh has decided to leave his job at the Family Research Council, situated in Washington, D.C. Do you have any input on this latest controversy taking place among a beloved family on the small screen?