We at Jacksonville Fine Dining Examiner want to make sure our readership is aware of the best restaurant events in Jacksonville. Fortunately, there are a few such events this this month and we want to make sure we keep you informed! One event involves a very interesting collaboration between two noteworthy chefs and the second will bring a new seasonal menu to the Jacksonville fine dining scene. Here’s what we know about the events:
Event #1: Chef Collaboration @ Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails on Aug. 29 with seatings at 5:30pm and 8:30pm: Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails is no longer the new kid in town. Moxie has proven itself as a staple in the Jacksonville restaurant community and this is no surprise given the experience of Moxie’s Executive Chef Tom Gray. The restaurant, located in St. Johns Town Center at 4972 Big Island Drive, believes in a “full-circle approach”. According to Moxie’s colorful website, this means that the restaurant focuses on sustainable sourcing for their food/ingredients and purchases from local/artisan producers. Local producers that Moxie works with include: Twinn Bridges Farm, Sweet Grass Dairy, and The Spotted Trotter. On Saturday, August 29, Chef Tom Gray and Chef Kevin Sbraga host a collaboration dinner at Moxie. The event has seatings at 5:30pm and 8:30pm and tickets cost $99 per person (including tax and gratuity). Patrons can purchase tickets at this link.
The menu is a three-course meal consisting of the following:
- Cheddar Biscuits + BBQ Butter (Moxie)
- Kale Salad with Benne and Blue Cheese (Sbraga)
- Falafel with Pimento Yogurt (Sbraga)
- Heirloom Tomato and Ricotta Tart (Moxie)
- Dry Aged Beef w/ Smoked Onion w/ Carrots & Pesto (Sbraga)
- Wood-Fired Local Fish w/ BBQ Glaze (Moxie)
- Dirty Rice w/ Braised Mustard Green (Sbraga)
- Potatoes w/ Buttermilk and Bacon (Sbraga)
- Summer Squash w/ Chimichurri (Moxie)
- Fairytale Eggplant w/ Charred Tomato (Moxie)
- Peanut Butter Banana Pudding (Sbraga)
- Mississippi Mud Milkshake w/ Toasted Marshmallow (Moxie)
Some may recognize Chef Sbraga from Top Chef on Bravo. He won the seventh season of the show and runs two Philadelphia restaurants called Sbraga and The Fat Ham with a third restaurant in Jacksonville now in the works called Sbraga & Company. This event is an excellent opportunity to try some of this exciting chef’s food, along with Chef Gray’s!
Event #2: New menu @ Azurea
It’s no secret that Azurea is one of our favorite restaurants. We have written frequently about it in series such as Jax’s Best Dishes, Top 20 best restaurants in Jacksonville, and best restaurants by category in Jacksonville. Azure changes their menu to best showcase the flavors of each season. This summer Azurea is featuring delicious items on their new summer menu including:
- Oven Toasted Orzo Pasta w/ freshly picked summer vegetables, roasted cashews, and Florida oranges
- Teilchen Crusted Harris Ranch Natural Beef Tenderloin Medallion w/ watercress, spinach, white beech mushrooms, baby carrots, and natural jus
Diners can book dinner at Azurea on Opentable at this link.
For more from Jacksonville Fine Dining Examiner, follow us on Twitter @JaxFineDining