The WWE event slated to go off in Atlanta on Sunday has been targeted with a rumored threat from ISIS, which was reported by the online hacker group Anonymous. The FBI reports they are aware of this threat, but they have no specific or credible information available on this threat.
Never the less, they are taking it seriously, which is what the FBI said in a recently released statement. According to WTVM News on November 22, the FBI reports, “We have made the proper notifications as we continue to work closely with our law enforcement and private sector partners.”
While the Georgia Emergency Management “dismissed the information as a rumor,” the FBI wasn’t too lax about it. Sunday’s WWE event, called the “Survivors Show” is being held a the Phillips Arena. A spokesperson for the arena said they have increased the security for the WWE event and they are working in tandem with the FBI.
The AJC News reports “A spokeswoman for Mayor Kasim Reed’s administration confirmed that Atlanta will open its joint operations center today out of an abundance of caution. And security was noticeably enhanced at the Georgia Dome, where the Falcons played host to the Indianapolis Colts.”
The city is on high alert and people going into the Falcons game today report it took a little longer than usual for the lines to move as security was beefed up. It was slow-going in line as security waved everybody with the metal detector, front and back reports one of the fans at the game.
The Atlanta Police have been contacted by many people with concerns about this threat, so on their Facebook page they released a statement from the FBI. The Atlanta Police posted this on their Facebook:
“Many of you have inquired about the rumored ISIS threat against the WWE event tomorrow at Philips Arena . This is a statement from our federal partner, the FBI. The FBI is aware of reports of an alleged threat that includes an Atlanta, Georgia venue and event. While we take all threats seriously, we do not have specific or credible information of an attack at this time. We have, however, made the proper notifications as we continue to work closely with our law enforcement and private sector partners to keep our community safe.”
The officials at the arena also posted a statement saying that the Federal, state and local authorities confirm that “there is no specific or credible information” that they have about the threat made against the WWE Survivor series at the arena. With that said, they then report that the folks at the Phillip’s Arena and the officials of the WWE have coordinated with the authorities to rev-up the security for the Survivors series on Sunday night.
This threat, which is coming on the heels of the Paris attacks last week, have made people anxious and some even fearful. Some ticket holders report they are not going to let terrorist dictate what they do in life and have every intention of attending Sunday night’s event.