Here’s the secret “recipe” to perfect corn on the cob! Sweet Corn, Silver Queen, Butter and Sugar – whatever the variety – follow these simple directions, and you’ll be enjoying the best sweet corn this year!
Start by pulling the husks and any stray strands of silk off the corn. You can square off the ends by cutting them with a sharp knife. Pampered Chef makes these cute little green “Corn Cob Nobs” (holders or picks), that you screw into the corn before you put them in the pot to cook. Yes, you read that right. BEFORE you cook them. That way you don’t have to fight with trying to stick those picks in boiling hot corn right out of the pot.
How To Cook Corn on the Cob
- Fill a large 8 quart or larger stockpot 2/3 with water and 2 Tablespoons sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Add corn one at a time to avoid splashing, cover and return to boiling.
- Remove from heat, and let the corn remain in the covered pot for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Uncover and serve with butter.
- That’s it! Quick and easy corn on the cob every time!
Corn on the Cob Goes Great with These Dishes!
- Marinated Grilled Salmon
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- Grilled Yellowfin Tuna with Cucumber Dill Sauce